Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, I don't have the app (my car is not connected). Is there a way to check the current SoC while the car is charging? I would love to see the screen that shows SoC + Estimated time left ... last time I tried, I unlocked the car, jumped in, checked it out, jumped out and locked the car expecting charging would continue (actually assuming it never stopped), but to my surprise, charging stopped after me opening the car (or maybe after locking it back), so the next morning, I had the exact same 67% I had seen when I unlocked to check.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
818 Posts
Yes, the car will stop AC charging if you unlock the car. It should resume 1 minute later if plugged in or after the car is re-locked. If you can leave the car unlocked while charging (e.g. it is in a locked garage), then you can get in, press the media "power on" button (the round knob below the top touch screen, go to the My EV screen and see the state of charge and estimate of when it will complete. Pushing the start button once will put that display on the main instrument display (as you know).

If you're using a charger that has an app (e.g. ChargePoint or Juicebox) the app can show you the state of charge. It's estimate of time to complete may not be accurate. The Juicebox app for example assumes charging from 0 to 100% for its estimate.

The charging doesn't stop if it is using DC charging when you unlock the car. This would be the fast chargers at commercial locations.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the car will stop AC charging if you unlock the car. It should resume 1 minute later if plugged in or after the car is re-locked. If you can leave the car unlocked while charging (e.g. it is in a locked garage), then you can get in, press the media "power on" button (the round knob below the top touch screen, go to the My EV screen and see the state of charge and estimate of when it will complete. Pushing the start button once will put that display on the main instrument display (as you know).

If you're using a charger that has an app (e.g. ChargePoint or Juicebox) the app can show you the state of charge. It's estimate of time to complete may not be accurate. The Juicebox app for example assumes charging from 0 to 100% for its estimate.

The charging doesn't stop if it is using DC charging when you unlock the car. This would be the fast chargers at commercial locations.
Great info, thanks. Next time I charge I will try unlocking, checking and waiting a minute after re-locking and see if it restarts.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Unlocking the car also 'unlocks' the charging cable, and definitely STOPS the charging. Locking it back up, if plugged in, should restart the charge (mine does). One of the inconsiderate things about this process is there is no way to 'unlock' the charging cable (e.g., when done charging?) without unlocking the car, so if parked where another EV could use the cable, the I-Pace won't release the cable without being COMPLETELY unlocked. At home I either open car door (car is usually unlocked in my garage) to "light up" the screens to display SOC, or use my ChargePoint app to check SOC - doesn't rely on the car being connected (but only useful elsewhere at ChargePoint stations).
Good question, though, once locked, how to check SOC without interrupting charging?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It seems quite the contrary based on my experience, if my memory serves me right. I always plug the charger when the car is unlocked since sometimes I like to get stuff out before locking or I decide to stay in the car while charging. The car would lock the charging cable, and I hear it clicks/grab the cable, because a few times I have to unlock the car using the key fob when charging is interruped or car has finished charging, can't pull the cable out. Once it is charging, with door unlocked, you open the door and the screen will lit up like dtgsrq mentioned. I only charge at public charging and Jaguar since I do not have charger at home(live in a condo) but I'll verify next time I charge.

I recommend, if you haven't use it, WattCat App, much better than InControl. WattCat tells you remaining time left to charge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
"... a few times I have to unlock the car using the key fob when charging is interruped or car has finished charging, can't pull the cable out."

Sorry, I meant to unlock the charging cable to reseat it, while the car is unlocked, using the key fob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts