Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve owned my Jag for 18 months and our trouble started last April after an update.
Since then the problems have just multiplied. We’ve had a new EV charger a replacement plug socket for the car and two visits to the Jaguar dealership.
The problem continues as of now we’ve just plugged it into the charger and within 5 minutes it paused again.
It used to initialise but now it pauses.
It gets to 99% and it has decided to pause. It has done that twice now.
Nobody can tell me why?????

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What model year car do you have?
Do you have timed charging set either in the car or your charger?
Do you have a preferred charging time (hours of the day) set?
If you connect the car and watch the LED at the car, does it flash blue at any time?
What does the instrument cluster display while you're connecting the car? Does it say INITIALISING (in white)? Does it say CHARGING (in green)? Does it say TIMED CHARGING (in blue)?
Do you have a newer model where a charging limit can set? What state of charge does it start with?

What update was done last April?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
First of all thanks for responding

What model year car do you have?
Purchased 2020 April I think not exactly sure of the month.

Do you have timed charging set either in the car or your charger?
No I removed all preferences re the timers both on the car and the EV charger.
Do you have a preferred charging time (hours of the day) set?
Non set at all.
If you connect the car and watch the LED at the car, does it flash blue at any time?
No it doesn’t flash at all.
What does the instrument cluster display while you're connecting the car? Does it say INITIALISING (in white)? Does it say CHARGING (in green)? Does it say TIMED CHARGING (in blue)?
It just says charging. I then return to the car and it shows charging paused on the app and in the car.
Do you have a newer model where a charging limit can set? What state of charge does it start with?
I don’t have any limit set to the amount of charge.

What update was done last April?
I have at least three major updates carried out by the dealership since April.
I had one done last Thursday. The April update was carried out by Jaguar Assist.
It’s quite frustrating as it’s a good car really but I just can’t cope with knowing it won’t charge without a hitch.

· Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

when the car is plugged in, is it locked or unlocked? have you tried charging the car either way? what happens if the car is unlocked, charging and you open the door?

· Registered
55 Posts
Hi,

when the car is plugged in, is it locked or unlocked? have you tried charging the car either way? what happens if the car is unlocked, charging and you open the door?
The car must be unlocked to be able to open the charging door. Once plugged in and charging, I have opened, locked and then unlocked my doors without disturbing the charging process. I have been outside with the car unlocked and then got in, turned on the climate control, locked the doors and took a nap. I recommend this charging process...lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts