Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts
Got a 12v charger or jump pack that you can hook up to the starter battery? Do that first then connect your home charger. Successful charging means you probably found the cause. A 12v charger should have at least 10A capability.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
I would try the charger that came with the car or any J1772 that you can plug into a regular outlet. Perhaps it ls relate to the charge connector or type. The lvl3 fast charger uses the other pins so that may work if the others dont
All of the J1772 and CCS Combo connectors use the same communication connections. It seems that in this case the onboard charger is failing to continue the conversation with the chargers. Also, make sure there is no accumulated dirt or other obstruction in the connector "slots" preventing the connection from being fully seated. The proximity and communication connections are sensitive to making sure there is a very good connection before beginning charging and continuing the charge. This is by design of the charging standards and not specific to Jaguar.

The extra 2 connections on the CCS Combo connector are the high voltage DC supply.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Having looked at this further, I think the car is trying to tell you that it is not getting enough power from the charger to actually charge the vehicle. Given that this occurred with multiple chargers and connectors it would seem to be a charging port or onboard charger issue and not a 12V power issue.

As before, make sure that there is nothing preventing the cable from being fully inserted to the socket. You might use a toothpick to ensure the "grooves" in the socket are free from obstructions. Try holding the cable firmly into the socket until you hear the locking solenoid operate. If the charging stops, try pushing the connector back in. Let us know if you do this and it resumes charging. This would confirm a charging port issue.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Here's an old thread of a car stuck in initialization. They did replace the 12V startup battery but that didn't fix the problem. The car was finally healed with replacement of the BCCM (yes, that's the Battery Charge Control Module that controls the charging and AC to DC rectification).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts