Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,039 Posts
I've looked at the specs for many "home" chargers for the US market. There are several that are capable of delivering 11kW AC charging rates. They require hardwiring and circuit breakers of 60A, 80A or even 100A circuit breakers.

I know people with garage facilities on their own meters and can easily have such chargers installed without impact to their homes. I also recall as a youth visiting homes that my uncles were building that had multiple power lines and meters to the homes themselves (they were not small and inexpensive homes). They could have accommodated just about any charger.

One does not need 3-phase power to go above 7.xkW charging. In fact, the label on a ChargePoint DCFC charger that I visit indicates two possible power requirements. One for 3-phase and one for single phase. None of them are low voltage. ;)

Those of us who adopted the MY19-20 cats just have to accept that the they will not feed any faster than 7.xkW regardless of charger. I type x because x can be reported as various numbers via Jaguar apps, WattCat, and charging equipment apps that may not take into account "overhead".

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
You can always get 3-phase to the home then install a 50kwh DC charger. Ok, maybe not always. But sometimes.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
They provide an apology letter saying you should guy buy a real charger. But in Europe, they are 240V, so they're not too slow.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,039 Posts
what type of wallbox charger does JLR provides with i pace ?
It depends on where you live and what the normal mains power is.

US/Canada market has 15A 120V volt as standard in home outlets. Jaguar supplies a charger in a cable to go between that and the car.
Some other markets just get a cable to connect between a 240V supply and the car.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts