Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my I pace a week ago, and yesterday when I started the car I got a message on the instrument panel: CHARGING SYSTEM FAULT DETECTED. I pressed OK to clear the message. The car Otherwise functions normally-I drove it back home.
Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Are you able to successfully charge the car? If so it could have just been a fluky thing, but keep an eye on it. As a new owner you should also ensure the dealer has performed all the necessary software updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I haven’t tried to charge the car. Am waiting for Jaguar assistance person to come over and check the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my I pace a week ago, and yesterday when I started the car I got a message on the instrument panel: CHARGING SYSTEM FAULT DETECTED. I pressed OK to clear the message. The car Otherwise functions normally-I drove it back home.
Anyone else had this problem?
That happened to me, and my car would not start at all. It turned out that the "charging system" is the function that charges the car's 12V battery. In my case, it was a lose battery cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That happened to me, and my car would not start at all. It turned out that the "charging system" is the function that charges the car's 12V battery. In my case, it was a lose battery cable.
Thanks. It was a software update for the Battery Charging Module in my case. The Jaguar assistance guy was very good, sorted it out. But this update should have been done by the dealership before the car was handed over to me. I have shared the feedback with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts