Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that if my car is charging (typically on a Level 2), and I open a door to get something out of the car for some reason, that the charging will stop and it will go permanently into "initializing." Charging does not restart.

The only way to get charging to restart is to unlock the charger, remove it, and plug it back in.

This is really a nuissance. Especially, for example, if my kid leaves something in the car and retrieves it. I get up next morning to find that my car has been initializing all night and is not charged up.

Is this expected? Is it some odd feature that has a purpose? Or is this an error?

Thanks.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes I-Pace has issues with charging. Although mine has always restarted but I usually forget something right away if that matters.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
852 Posts
Yes it is in the owner's manual that charging will stop when the door is unlocked unless it is using DC charging.
Relock the doors and wait a minute.

If it doesn't restart by then, unlock and lock the driver door again.

I should add that there is up to 6 second delay between the door unlock and charging connector unlock.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Here's how I do it.

Fob stays in my pocket the whole time.
When car is charging L2 and is locked, I press the button on the door, car unlocks and I open the door.
When the car unlocks, it stops charging, white light comes on, I open the door.
I get my briefcase out of the car, close the door, then press the button on the door again, locking the car.
The green light comes back on and car continues to charge.
I touch neither the fob or the charging handle.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I leave my car unlocked in garage, if I open the door charging stops, then if I don’t start car and just close the door and walk away it resumes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts