Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner 22 I pace HSE when plugged into a 32 amp level 2 charger it is only charging the equivalent to 14 MPH that seems low to me thought it would be in the low 20’s
does that seem normal
thanks in advance

·
Registered
447 Posts
The Jaguar app is exposing this concept of "charging at XX MPH" which is "probably" derived from the % of SOC, full battery capacity and average consumption (which could be quite wrong especially on a brand new car). I would not worry too much for now, let the car learn your driving habits, display a reasonable range that matches your driving style, and then you will be able to validate (or not) the MPH in the Jag app when you charge.

·
Registered
388 Posts
A 32 amp charger won't max out the refreshed 2022 MY. You'll only get around 7kw. A 40 Amp charger should be able to do the 11kw charging.

·
Registered
103 Posts
11kW (about 14%/hr) charging, as far as I understand, is only available with a 3 phase supply (16A per phase). Single phase will max out at about 7.6kW (About 8%/hr) In both cases the losses associated with the onboard AC to DC converter will be around 10-15%.

·
Registered
48 Posts
New owner 22 I pace HSE when plugged into a 32 amp level 2 charger it is only charging the equivalent to 14 MPH that seems low to me thought it would be in the low 20’s
does that seem normal
thanks in advance
Hi, what percentage of battery did you have left when you plugged it in to charge?

I have a level 2 charger at work that I use frequently. I have noticed when the charge 'rate' changes even on a level 2 charger depending on how low the car's battery is.

last week I made it into the office with 14km of range. the car charged for quite a while at what the app told me was 327 km/hr but it also slows to "285" km/hr as the battery gets more full, like in the high 60 to 70% range. It slows further still the closer the batter gets to full.

this is not technical speak by any means, as I'm just some numbnutz looking at stuff coming off an app. But the car does this. I've noticed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts