Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
One thing to check when the car fails to start charging on AC is that all doors, boot (rear hatch), and bonnet (hood) are fully closed. It will not start charging if any of these are not fully closed.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Slam, there is no driver reset capability for software on pre MY21.

That process above is only going to (supposedly) update a profile on the Jaguar servers and would prove/disprove the TCU could connect to Jaguar servers for sharing the data used by the app.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
If you've got a loose connection on 1/2 of the 240V supply, the charger may start/drop to 120V. That would drop the charging level to the car. Resetting the car may have "rebooted" the whole charging sequence that just happened to have a full 240V supply at the time returning it to the full amount allowed.

Definitely check the connections in the socket and at the breaker box (just to be extra safe). A loose connection is a bad thing to have and can lead to a very hot connection. That situation can lead to a fire. I have a relative who had that happen in a house (causing a fire) and nearly happen in a second house (I detest using "push-in" connections on outlets and switches). I had it happen on a headlight switch in a vehicle but fortunately it only got to the smoking stage before it melted enough plastic to insulate the connection, stop the current flow and the heating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts