Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was great 2019 ~ 6K mi. Brought it in in February for update to software. Since return I frequently get a charge default detected click OK.. I do - the message disappears. A month ago while parked, all messages started flashing. When I tried to start the brake was shuddering - the car would not drive - went to the dealership - was fixed.
Today - I went to charge the car in my garage - chargepoint - after initializing - it began flashing red and it will not take a charge. Thoughts?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Have you tried charging with the Level 1 charger that came with the car to see if you get the same error?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried charging with the Level 1 charger that came with the car to see if you get the same error?
I just tried that... I plug in the charger - my home charger or the level 1 and I see "initializing" then within a minute it goes to RED and says ERROR. In order to disconnect the charger I must lift the front hood and pull the emergency latch so the charger will release. I drove around this morning - came home and tried to hook up the charger again..same thing INITIALIZING and then immediately ERROR.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Another step is to try a Level 3 DC fast charger

This thread sounds like a similar problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is killing me...I love the car so much - the car holds its charge - not dropping down...but I can't hook up a charger..i have a Level 2 Chargepoint in my garage..and I'm guessing I just need to bring it into the dealer tomorrow.. UGH. no other option 🤞i make it there and don't need the flat bed journey yet again....

·
Registered
668 Posts
This is killing me...I love the car so much - the car holds its charge - not dropping down...but I can't hook up a charger..i have a Level 2 Chargepoint in my garage..and I'm guessing I just need to bring it into the dealer tomorrow.. UGH. no other option 🤞i make it there and don't need the flat bed journey yet again....
If it's possible, try the DC fast charger just to troubleshoot where the problem could be.

I find it best to try and verify what these dealers do

·
Registered
452 Posts
Instead of pulling the emergency release, have you tried pressing the unlock button on the fob (up to 3 times)? With all doors closed, do you hear a little noise of an actuator operating?

After that, plug in the charger and lock the doors either by fob or touching the driver door handle button. What do you see for the white/green/blue/red LED indicator at the charge port?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts