Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have now the fourth i-pace within four month. The first one could not be charged after one week. This was the one, we bought. This one is still reparing (about four month). So we got some substituts for the time, ours is in garage.
A second one was fine for about 5 weeks. The next one was an older one, which was also fine. The next one was also fine for about four weeks. Than, next one, completely new, this one couldn’t be charged after about 4 weeks using.
All the cars, which didn’t work after a while are Modell 2021. Does anyone have similar experience?

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
337 Posts
We have now the fourth i-pace within four month. The first one could not be charged after one week. This was the one, we bought. This one is still reparing (about four month). So we got some substituts for the time, ours is in garage.
A second one was fine for about 5 weeks. The next one was an older one, which was also fine. The next one was also fine for about four weeks. Than, next one, completely new, this one couldn’t be charged after about 4 weeks using.
All the cars, which didn’t work after a while are Modell 2021. Does anyone have similar experience?
Have had a MY21 now since they were first launched (collected early October 2020) and never had this issue so no similar experience.

I have however never tried 3 phase charging which you may be using but even if that failed it would surely fall back to a single phase?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
797 Posts
4 separate vehicles all suffering the same fate within a few weeks!
Sounds like a problem common to these cars. Assumming that most MY21 vehicles are not suffering the same fate, the common factor would seem to be your charging history.

What chargers are you using? What sequence are you using to plug in and charge? Are you setting up timed charging?

Had mine for 2yrs, yes some issues charging, but easily diagnosed. More details and we can help diagnose the problem, otherwise your post is just a "whine session". Can't stop you from posting, but I can't/won't help otherwise.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry, can you clarify? Did ALL of them eventually fail?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
378 Posts
If all of those failed, given that this doesn't seem to be widespread across other 2021s, I'd guess either (a) power surges or brown outs are causing damage to the charging circuits, or (b) not consistently waiting for the power to unlock before removing the charger and breaking the pin.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
337 Posts
Single post from a new member, multiple MY21 failures, something doesn't seem to add up here, not least the fact that I never get a replacement iPace when mine is in for work let alone several MY21s ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It always makes me doubtful when people do this. I know @sciencegeek had a charging issue that was caused by his fancy charger.

So what charger is in use?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m on second ipace which broke down could not boot up. It’s in shop 3 weeks. Previous one got new battery that did not last long. Love ipace but $100k not reliable car. Next car will be Tesla. BTW my Chevy Bolt. Never had issue on 3rd year ownership. Not once in shop for any issues love the Bolt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m on second ipace which broke down could not boot up. It’s in shop 3 weeks. Previous one got new battery that did not last long. Love ipace but $100k not reliable car. Next car will be Tesla. BTW my Chevy Bolt. Never had issue on 3rd year ownership. Not once in shop for any issues love the Bolt.
Be careful Tesla's are famous for quality issues and your issues are not the norm for the I-Pace. I'd suggest you have a unique dealer training or environmental issue as your cause given no one else is reporting multiple charging failures. But I'd wait until you know what the cause of your issues was before defining a fix.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be careful Tesla's are famous for quality issues and your issues are not the norm for the I-Pace. I'd suggest you have a unique dealer training or environmental issue as your cause given no one else is reporting multiple charging failures. But I'd wait until you know what the cause of your issues was before defining a fix.
My neighbors all have Tesla’s they never break. Yes they have quality issues but Tesla does not leave you stranded

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
The OP has only posted once and that was 3 days ago.
There have been questions raised about what charging equipment is in use. Charging in the OP's home country is different than in US/Canada market.

Anything we post about this would be very speculative until further information is supplied. The charging equipment/process may be damaging the car (port or charging electronics). The cars could be victims of an external factor rather than being the source of problem..

·
Registered
425 Posts
The OP has only posted once and that was 3 days ago.
There have been questions raised about what charging equipment is in use. Charging in the OP's home country is different than in US/Canada market.

Anything we post about this would be very speculative until further information is supplied. The charging equipment/process may be damaging the car (port or charging electronics). The cars could be victims of an external factor rather than being the source of problem..
If they went through multiple cars (and damaged each one of them) before looking at the charger, their deductive skills need some work!

·
Registered
494 Posts
We have a couple of examples on this forum of people who just register, throw an impossible situation/ bad experience that nobody ever saw before, never reply in the thread, and never post anything else. It is hard to say whether it is a real problem or not.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Likely not a real problem.

As for Tesla, people can end up going through multiple motors and batteries. Tesla is just better at swapping that all out. I have a Model Y on order, and the best way I can describe the sales service is FUBAR. The car is sitting, waiting for shipping to me, and they can't even get a date. They could have started this process a few days after I ordered, but nooooo. I even asked them too. Idiots.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts