Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new on this forum and a recent I Pace owner. I have plugged in my car on to my usual Pod-point this morning and there is no indication that the car is charging (no light at all). Anyone has an explanation for this?

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
Welcome!

You can check on the Remote app (or WattCat if you have an Android device) to see whether it's charging. Sometimes you just need to unplug, plug back in, and lock/unlock the car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The light near the charging port is of limited use - it only indicates status for about 3 seconds, look away and you'll miss it. Most of the time it will be dark, apparently by design.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just opening a car door (not charging port) should illuminate the main dash screen and tell you if its charging, initializing, or at least plugged in. Are you sure you "pushed hard" enough to plug in? Sometimes it takes just a little extra pressure for the charger to 'click' into place. Worst case, start up the car. If plugged in, all manner of warning should tell you its plugged in so you don't attempt to drive off while plugged in... if no indication of being plugged in, THEN you have an issue. Try unplugging, locking, unlocking, and LOCKING again, then plugging back in. Check the dash screen through the window (because unlocking while charging will stop the charging process). You don't mention if the "Pod-point" has any indicators, is connected online to any system that could report status, etc. ?
#Seb, your post was yesterday. Resolved? Different result today? It's helpful to report what you did or didn't do and what resulted, so others in your predicament can learn... the real reason for this forum!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I am new on this forum and a recent I Pace owner. I have plugged in my car on to my usual Pod-point this morning and there is no indication that the car is charging (no light at all). Anyone has an explanation for this?
If you leave the vehicle sit for an extended period it goes to sleep and does not charge. This could happen within an hour, maybe even less. For some reason the engineers allow the door opening to wake the vehicle but not the charging cord being inserted.

I-Pace is a bit of a pain in the neck for charging. Just keep fumbling around and it will eventually charge. My LEAF and RAV4-EV would always charge immediately when connected in all conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts