Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is not charging, I tried two different charging EVSEs.
it is stuck on charging initializing. does anyone know a fix?
I hope the local dealership can see the car ASAP.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,093 Posts
Does the locking pin actuate to lock the plug into the socket? You can hear it when the plug is inserted. If not, it might be stuck. It should come down inside the and push on the lever part of the plug. Some of used needle nose pliers to pull it free and operate again. You can also try locking the doors to operate the actuator with the plug inserted fully into the socket.

Some have found that they've needed to go to the dealer and have the socket replaced.

More extensive problems have been with the onboard charger failing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
you might just need a software update. I had this issue as well and a software update sorted it out, more or less.

it is annoying but it happens.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the car charged on a L3 charger, my local dealership will take the car in to be looked at on an "emergency" basis but they cannot say when they'd get to it, that sucks big time, but at least it will charge on a L3

·
Registered
93 Posts
the car charged on a L3 charger, my local dealership will take the car in to be looked at on an "emergency" basis but they cannot say when they'd get to it, that sucks big time, but at least it will charge on a L3
It sucks, it has happened to many of us, seeing as it charges on L3 is it likely just a software update.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Timed charging would say so on the cluster with blue text and blue LED at the port. It doesn't stick at initializing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the car is not charging, I tried two different charging EVSEs.
it is stuck on charging initializing. does anyone know a fix?
I hope the local dealership can see the car ASAP.
I have the same issue. The dealer determined that the onboard charger was defective, so neither level 1 or level 2 chargers worked. But level 3 still worked since it bypasses the onboard unit (which converts AC to DC) - you can try this. Replacing the onboard charger required getting a part from England which took 6 weeks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the same issue. The dealer determined that the onboard charger was defective, so neither level 1 or level 2 chargers worked. But level 3 still worked since it bypasses the onboard unit (which converts AC to DC) - you can try this. Replacing the onboard charger required getting a part from England which took 6 weeks.
waiting 6 weeks must have been bad, fortunately for me the car is now able to charge

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
I had a charging issue this week.

The story goes...

It was a dark and stormy night. (Yes it really was.) The cat was suckling at the DCFC as normal. SOC had reached 95% on its way to 100% (why not when its free?). Suddenly the lights went out. (Yes the lights in the parking lot gave no illumination of the problem.) The charger stopped charging because it too had gone dark. I realized what had happened, got out, disconnected the feeding tube and got back in. About 5 minutes had gone by since I was more interested in the radio broadcast of the baseball game being played in much better conditions about 700 miles away when suddenly the lights came back on and the charger started to reboot.. I waited to see if the cat could feed again.

When the charger was ready to supply electrons, I tried to finish nourishing the cat. It remained at "initializing." I disconnected and restarted the whole process. Several times I tried until I determined that the parking lot was not an appropriate place for me to continue to take a shower.

Upon arriving back at the cat's house, I tried to finish the feeding with my L2 charger. It took several lock/unlock fob button push sequences before the flow of nourishment began. It was then that I realized that I had not heard the cable lock actuator amidst the rain drop pelting noises at the DCFC. I will have to return at a lower state of satiation to determine if L3 was not damaged by the sudden loss of nourishment when the power went out. Hopefully, it was designed to account for such situations. The cat is not reporting any issues.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hopefully a malfunction like that shouldn’t cause damage. I’m not an electrician but it seems like there are many layers of safety in the system to prevent surges and damage to equipment due to power fluctuations.

did you try resetting Touchpro? Maybe it was a software glitch?

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
There is no driver reset process for Touch Pro, besides this was an initializing and starting of charging and not an Infotainment system issue. The car is behaving normally now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts