Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

All just asking for a bit of advice I recently bought a used pace from dealer
Charged it today at Ionity station that was a bit of a task for sure (pity they don’t give us a cover )
As hammering it down which did not help.!
However the full charge of 100% only gave me 202 miles in the battery 🔋 is this a software
Problem only or is this normal ?
I have contacted dealer who is booking it in to check this out I hope this is not going to be the norm
I’ve only had the car for 3 days ..☹🤔

Any ideas 💡
Regards bruce

·
Registered
405 Posts
The range estimator is based on some estimate go the battery capacity and previous driving style. 200 miles is not at the low end (I get less than that in winter and more than that in summer). The algorithm has been the bit of many jokes here (we refer to it as a guess-o-meter", or GOM) and should not be completely relied on when planning charge stops. The best practice is to pay attention to miles driven and the change in the battery charge and you can extrapolate your range given your conditions. After a while, you will not think of it as explicitly unless you are on a long trip and eventually the GOM will get better. There is a method to reset the GOM algorithm (I forget the technique, but you can find it easily on this forum) to erase the past use's influence on the number.

·
Registered
2019 I-PACE
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bruce.

The GOM is based on historical driving style as well. Do a reset below and see if that is the reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts