Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to see charging history? Maybe a log showing date, time, kWh, etc. Trying to track kWh dispensed into vehicle and compare against miles over time. All feedback welcome.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ChargePoint gives you a monthly summary of costs, energy, and miles added.

General info, and only ChargePoint stations show up.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Is there a way to see charging history? Maybe a log showing date, time, kWh, etc. Trying to track kWh dispensed into vehicle and compare against miles over time. All feedback welcome.
JLR does not track that type of info, but many L2/L3 systems do at the time of charging and if they are ‘connected’ you can retrieve the aggregated data for that particular network/system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tracking data is easy...

Use the InControl Remote app on your phone.
swipe left two times to access your drive data.
It may be downloadable but I have not tried that.

I just did a 800 mile round trip drive from Pikes Peak, CO to Santa Fe, NM and it gave me really good data.

Charging is tracked on each service app.

·
Super Moderator
2,282 Posts
Use the InControl Remote app on your phone.
swipe left two times to access your drive data.
It may be downloadable but I have not tried that.
Drive data is downloadable and useful ... except the consumption figures, which are egregiously incorrect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have started to do this myself using data available from the car and WattCat.

Everyone should consider using the App once it is widely available.

At the beginning of each trip I log the following.

kWh available in battery (from WattCat)
SoC % start
Available range

At the end of the trip I record
kWh available end
SoC% end
Available range
Avg kWh/100km
KM traveled
Regen kWh

I can then calculate what the car thinks I used by multiplying avg kWh/100km * km traveled /100

I can compare this to the actual powered used according to WattCat available charge start - available charge end.

(The two results are always different)

And I can compare km traveled against estimate range used in the course of the trip.

The answers are very revealing and in my case disappointing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would appreciate it if other Watt Cat users could post what the app is showing on your car for battery capacity at different SoC. Battery capacity is the amount of power stored in the battery and is reported in kWh. For example today my battery capacity was being reported as 52kwh and the SoC was 78%.

These numbers don't make sense for a battery that power capability is supposed to be 90Kwh.

I'm curious to see what others are seeing.

·
Super Moderator
2,282 Posts
Here are two plots with ca 45 data points each. For this purpose, the distinction between start and end SoC (wrt a drive) is unnecessary but I had them in different columns so.... The 0-100% battery range, if you solve those linear equations, is 80kWh. That's less than the usable capacity because when it shows 0% is has ca. 2kWh left, and at 100% there's also a bit of a buffer. I think this is probably what most people should see.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use Juice box Pro40 L2 charger and use EV Juicenet App from them. It has kept the history log from day one. It tracks date, time duration used to charge and energy dispensed in kwh for each session

1 - 12 of 12 Posts