Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the new Cat! Thanks all for the help! The dealer said they learned something about the car because of your suggestions.

One quick question- the batttery door seemed kinda flimsy, for example just sort of opens and clothes, no latch or locking mechanism. Is that the same for all of you? I suppose I expected a cover more substantial, like for a gas tank. But this is my first BEV.

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
Nice! Congrats!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The charging door opens regardless, whether you push or not. Doesn’t seem to lock whether the car is locked or not.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Should be locked if car is locked. Need to push to get it to spring open. Welcome - great car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Spicedparrot: I agree that the charge door feels flimsy and has some "give" when it is pushed but it does indeed lock and definitely needs to be pushed in to pop open. The charging door locks and unlocks along with the the car. It sounds like your locking/latching mechanism isn't working.
I've had my car for 3 months now and twice I found the charge door locked while the car was definitely open (it happened after parking and exiting the car, handles out) so a click of the FOB opened it. This hasn't been regular enough to warrant a visit to the dealer.
On a related note, I'm guessing that everyone hears the same mechanical sound of the locking pin engaging and retracting before and after charging. I actually like the loud, reassuring sound a lot as it says to me "yeah, I'm working perfectly".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, definitely doesn’t lock when car locks. You can open, close it with your fingers using no force. I’ll let dealer know. Probably not worth the hassle of getting it serviced (dealer is hour a way) so will wait until there is some other reason. In the meantime - velcro will work. But kind of silly to put velcro on a car this expenseive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts