Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased 2020 I Pace....installed Chargepoint system in my garage and the cable refused to go into the receptacle on the car. Jaguar blamed Chargepoint and Chargepoint blamed Jaguar. One tech from Chargepoint said they were aware of the problem along with same issue on VW. Tech said Chargepoint was redesigning the cable but would take 3-6 weeks. Chargepoint was very helpful and accommodating and sent a new system. I took out only the cable, plugged it in, and thankfully it worked like a charm.
One tech told me to "muscle" the original plug into the receptacle on the car, but I told him I didn't want to break anything. He said don't worry nothing would break. So I pushed it hard and at the same time pushed up and I finally heard the "click".

·
Registered
527 Posts
I own a ChargePoint (Dec 2019) and have never had any issues connecting to my I-Pace (3 different ones, actually, including a loaner and replacement). However, I have visited several Level 2 and DCFC stations and had to "jam" the plug with uncomfortable force to get it to 'click'. Those rubber gaskets at the cable head surrounding the connectors can be VERY tight. No harm in "working them" to get a connection/click, IMHO.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have the CP as well and it works like a charm.
I love everything about it

I had a Juicebox classic which was almost
impossible to remove from the receptacle and it had a very thick cord which made it very difficult to maneuver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts