Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaking this out from another thread:

I just got a ChargePoint 32a with 25' cable.Wifi Enabled. Its $599, but I got for free from JRL

It uses NEMA 6-50, small, easy to to install, very thin cord compared to my previous JuiceBox classic. The JB used NEMA, 14-50r, so I just replaced the receptacle to 6-50 myself which was a breeze.

The App is the same one used for ChargePoint public chargers which is very aesthetically pleasing and easy use

I love this charger

What home charger do you use?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a Juicebox Pro 40 which arrived today, but I still have to get an electrician to install my 240 outlet. The sooner the better because the level 1 charger is painfully slow.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wish the home ChargePoint was free when I got my I-Pace last January. :frown2:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought a Juicebox Pro 40 which arrived today, but I still have to get an electrician to install my 240 outlet. The sooner the better because the level 1 charger is painfully slow.

Its night and day with an L2. Youre going to love it and you can charge in off peak hours for better rates

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Our free Jaguar ChargePoint charger arrived today, shipped from Qmerit. Installer is coming next week, I think, to install.

Currently using our BMW wall charger that we had for our X5 40e, 740e and i3. Works great too, and looks cool ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our free Jaguar ChargePoint charger arrived today, shipped from Qmerit. Installer is coming next week, I think, to install.

Currently using our BMW wall charger that we had for our X5 40e, 740e and i3. Works great too, and looks cool [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Qmerit is managing the installers for JLR and other OEMs
I've found that the qoutes always seem to be over $1500 to install.

It's a great charger

·
Premium Member
405 Posts

It's a great charger
We got 3 quotes from Qmerit installers. Quotes were: $1500, $1500 and $1499.98 ;)

Free charger and free install for us.

Installer just texted me, he's coming mid next week to install ours. Very generous of JLR. That's a lot of money for each I-Pace (free charger and $1500 install credit).

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

It's a great charger
We got 3 quotes from Qmerit installers. Quotes were: $1500, $1500 and $1499.98 [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Free charger and free install for us.

Installer just texted me, he's coming mid next week to install ours. Very generous of JLR. That's a lot of money for each I-Pace (free charger and $1500 install credit).
Nice! Please give your feedback on the charger

JLR made it hard to say now with the offers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two Chargepoint chargers--One app

I have two ChargePoint home chargers--one at our primary home and one at a second home. I was able to use the CP app for one of the chargers, but the app won't recognize two. Has anyone encountered this? Is there a fix? Charge Point doesn't seem to get it.

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
I have two ChargePoint home chargers--one at our primary home and one at a second home. I was able to use the CP app for one of the chargers, but the app won't recognize two. Has anyone encountered this? Is there a fix? Charge Point doesn't seem to get it.
I don't have two so I don't know ... but can't you just make a second account?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Home Charger only allows 1 charger

Can you add the other one as a "My Spots"?

·
Registered
108 Posts

I just got a ChargePoint 32a with 25' cable.Wifi Enabled. Its $599, but I got for free from JRL

It uses NEMA 6-50, small, easy to to install, very thin cord compared to my previous JuiceBox classic. The JB used NEMA, 14-50r, so I just replaced the receptacle to 6-50 myself which was a breeze.

The App is the same one used for ChargePoint public chargers which is very aesthetically pleasing and easy use

I love this charger

Is the free charger part of your state incentive? if not, is everyone eligible for it and how would I get it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I love this charger

Is the free charger part of your state incentive? if not, is everyone eligible for it and how would I get it?

Thanks!
California only and financed through Chase (JLR leasing partner)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Try this

1) Create a new account for ChargePoint (2nd Account)

2) Register your 2nd address on this account

3) Charge your car at the 2nd account location so your Original account will see this as part of your charging activity. This might require you making your 2nd CP charger public

4) On your Original account make your 2nd CP charger as one of your favorites by clicking the heart at the top right corner

5) This should register as My Spots in your Original Account. If not, add this by clicking the + sign on the bottom right corner in My Spots

This will show as a Public charger instead of Home in your charging activity, but it will combine both chargers under one account. Just make sure to add the exact rate per kw on the 2nd account for accurate cost tracking

1 - 18 of 18 Posts