Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my IPACE for over two months now and I noticed that when I used to charge it, it would max at 230 ish. Now the max is 201 for the last three charged. Has anyone else noticed this and what do I do to raise the charging capacity?

I am schedule for the update in two weeks but this does not seem right. It’s like the battery is degrading?? But that cannot be possible at only two months of ownership.

Ideas, comments???

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey there,

Pretty sure its not your battery, the guess o meter has been stuck at 200 for some at older firmware before. You should charge fully and compare SOC % to actual mileage to determine battery health. Have you done any of the updates to the firmware as they fix and improve a lot of issues, including actual range improvements and better guesstimates of range?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No have not done any updates. I am scheduled for the latest battery update in two weeks but I just noticed this the past few charges.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have had my IPACE for over two months now and I noticed that when I used to charge it, it would max at 230 ish. Now the max is 201 for the last three charged. Has anyone else noticed this and what do I do to raise the charging capacity?

I am schedule for the update in two weeks but this does not seem right. It’s like the battery is degrading?? But that cannot be possible at only two months of ownership.

Ideas, comments???
I had the same thing. 230s at first, then a steady 201, after the first recall software update.

I got that glitch point to clear itself by resetting it. Push the brake and accelerator both down for about 15 seconds until the range changes on the screen (with power on, but car not started).

Now with the second major software update installed, it's more like 245.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
When the range estimator can't solve the equation, it displays about 200-205 miles depending on settings. This doesn't actually change your true range. Use the "Battery Level" indicator like an old fashioned gas needle.
The latest update fixes it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charging back to 231 after being stuck at 201 for about a week. Have Not update yet. That’s scheduled for next week.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Charging back to 231 after being stuck at 201 for about a week. Have Not update yet. That’s scheduled for next week.
Please don't rely on the GoM as it's not based on reality. Post-H264 my GoM is showing 255 miles but I'm seeing 185-190 miles in cold weather. I certainly wouldn't take a long trip and plan charging based on the GoM. It's an ugly fact that new owners have to learn. Some drivers have attained ranges over 240 miles but not many.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts