Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change the news leads in-car settings besides CNN & Reuters?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don’t think so. I have the exact same setting in Canada and another person in UK was complaining about that as well. I don’t understand why we can’t put any RSS feed to get any kind of news from any location, in any language. This feature is completely useless for me.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
813 Posts
Disclaimer: I haven't fully tested this

If you install Jaguar Incontrol Apps on your smart phone, you can add Stitcher podcast reader. Set up Stitcher on the phone. With the phone connected to the car, go to the extra features screen, start up the Incontrol Apps, and you can then use Stitcher to access news podcasts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
dernotte, I am very pleased to be using the herokuapp browser apps that you have created and presented for our use. i.e. https:ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html

I am not sure how those links work but assume they access the JLR API directly and not the car?

Could you see a way to create similar apps to run on the I-Pace browser to interogate the I-Pace flle system & the wifi modem interface i.e. 192.168.........?

Could you see a way to side load a full-featured browser onto the I-Pace infotainment system or any non OEM icon apps onto the app menu screens?

Please reply in a new thread if you want, not wanting to hijack this thread.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: jfinley

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Lobster, happy to see that those pages are useful to some of you : param.html, jlr.html, charge.html. They are greatly inspired by the fantastic job of Ardevd and his python library to access the JLR servers, that I rewrote in Javascript in order to run natively in a browser. I also wanted a 'universal' app that gets rid of the Android/IOS barrier. The browser and Javascript allow me to do that. So, no, the app does not talk to the car, it talks to the JLR servers just like any official or not offical IOS/Android apps.
I don't know how the IP stack works in the car, but even if I connect the car to the home WIFI, it seems that I can't access any home computer on the same subnet (192.168.x.x).
I have not try hard yet to expose some internal info from the browser, and I don't know if there is a secret local server hidden in the infotainment system. Should be easy to "scan" in Javascript.
The infotainment system is a closed system and I can't imagine that you can install anything in it like a phone. The only think you can do is develop a web page that display the info you want. This is pretty much how far you can go.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wrote some Javascript code to scan open port inthe car's browser. It seems like there is plenty of open port, but the only port that is responding differently is the "80" (http://127.0.0.1:80) which is quite standard, and the error message it returns tells me that the path of the page I am trying to access is incorrect (in this case the root of the internal web site "/"). The internal web server does not expose the root directory. I guess we have to put the exact path of existing pages to get access to those pages (iw. /diagnostic, or /tests, ...) Maybe some brutal force script is required to find a valid path.

·
Registered
91 Posts
dernotte, I have no programming skills, but get the gist of your efforts. I guess you are using wifi to port scan?

Are the bluetooth interface, the proper USB ports, or the Canbus via wifi or bluetooth dongles likely to be useful?

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
197 Posts
When you connect the car on the Wifi, and scan the open port, you only see the 53 and 8000. It looks like the infotainment system is in a separate subnet, and only use the WIFi as a gateway, and does not expose anything else, which makes sense. So, I had to scan the open port from the browser itseft with a html page that I wrote.
The browser exposes 2 plugins , with MIME TYPE "x-cbip-js01" and "x-cbip-js02". Unfortunately, this MIME TYPE means "Custom Build Internal Plugin", and the "x-" is for undocumented MIMETYPE. Maybe JLR has developed a small app (plugin) to access internal data.
I don't have any hacker skills... I am a bit stuck here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
dernotte, curious results, I would expect they don't want mobile hackers taking control of the vehicle. There was news some years ago of a Jeep throttle and steering hacked via an open port.

It is interesting that the car can enable SOTA downloads via wifi or user SIM. There must be a communication request pathway perhaps via the API channel that opens a port to accept these downloads.

JLR use "Pathfinder" on a laptop via the OBD port. With my very limited TOPIX access I crawled about and found some JLR software downloads. One of the files almost took over my laptop and created its own home screen replacing mine. This was quickly uninstalled, but my registry was messed up, it took days of fiddling about to retore my homescreen again.haha.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
162 Posts
I seem to recall seeing the nav map map on the screen where I now have the CNN feed? Could be mistaken. Haven't found a way to change it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts