Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I last drove my IPace yesterday. Parked with 34mile battery range left. Has been charging since last night with the supplied 120v charging cable. App shows there is 89mile range now.
I just went to drive the car and nothing happens when I press the START button. The car is completely dead however it does charge my telephone. I locked the car, reinserted charger and now the 120v charging light only blinks white and then turns off.
How can I troubleshoot this problem?
Dealerships/service stations closed for 2 days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, mine just came back to life (after about 90 mins of being completely dead). 3rd time it’s happened to me now, each time it’s just started working again for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same issue and tried charging the 12 volt battery. No luck. Had the car towed 150 miles to the dealership. They recharged the battery and said that is good. No explanation for what caused the dead car ( battery drain ). The mechanic had no idea why this happened. Not a comforting feeling. We have had so many issues with this car that we are afraid to take on any long trips. I tried to get out the lease after 12 months of ownership. Dealer said they couldn’t help. Last Jaguar we ever buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My issue isn't battery drain: the main battery has always been >50% charged, and both 12V batteries have also had full charge. The vehicle simply doesn't turn on, no dashboard lights, won't start (start button has slow flashing orange). Dealer has no idea why it happens, nor did the Jaguar technician that was sent out by Jag Assist. As you say, it's worse that they don't know, as it can happen any time again in the future.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,249 Posts
Defective start button or connection to it?
Poor ground (earth) between body and batteries?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts