Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's been 4 weeks now since the car went into the shop due to charging failure. This after 6 weeks in the shop for a full battery replacement.

Dealer says the car charges fine cold. When they test drive and drain the battery and the car warms up, it won't charge. They say they are working with Jag Tech.

Wife is talking Lemon Law.

·
Registered
692 Posts
So, it's been 4 weeks now since the car went into the shop due to charging failure. This after 6 weeks in the shop for a full battery replacement.

Dealer says the car charges fine cold. When they test drive and drain the battery and the car warms up, it won't charge. They say they are working with Jag Tech.

Wife is talking Lemon Law.
I agree with your wife, Joe. Even if you decide to get another I-Pace you'll end with a new car.

·
Super Moderator
2,297 Posts
If you clearly qualify for lemon law given the time in the shop I would go for it as well (I did in fact).
You don't even need an attorney, all you need to do is file a buyback request with JLR corporate.
Be aware it takes a few months for it to make its way through the JLR bureaucracy but they pretty clearly explain what they require and how long things take.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
688 Posts
I agree....Buyback.

I sadly have gone through 3 Buybacks (2 BMW and 1 Rolls-Royce). It is frustrating and can take several months, but it is worth it. Strangely the Rolls buyback took a mere couple of days.

Sorry you are going through this. Most on our Board have had little to no issues with our I-Paces, but there are "bad" cars from every manufacturer. Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a question. I purchased the car from a previous owner/dealer (in Illinois) with about 5k miles on it. It's a FE. Do you happen to know if me being the second owner will affect my ability to get a buy back?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
I suspect it would be Illinois law, not Hawaii, since it sounds like the transaction was a sale in Illinois.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jaguar dealer called today. Now they think it is some charging module. Said it will be another two weeks at least.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
207 Posts
When they had to replace my battery control module, it and some of the tools needed to replace it had to be shipped from England. It sounds like yours might be getting the same module replaced. To do that replacement is a process that requires disconnecting the main batteries and is something that has to be done with extreme care apparently.

The good news is that ever since it was replaced almost a year ago everything has been rock solid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My main battery system (traction battery) failed Jun 16th, Jaguar had it towed. It is August 23rd and there is officially no battery modules in stock, with no ETA. Word from 2 different dealers is JLR can't get any parts from Europe including gas powered cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a question. I purchased the car from a previous owner/dealer (in Illinois) with about 5k miles on it. It's a FE. Do you happen to know if me being the second owner will affect my ability to get a buy back?
It seems a long shot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update. Traction battery failed 6/16/2020. Received car 9/10/2020. 86 days for repair. They had to replace 2 of the 36 battery modules. 15 days no problems since received.

·
Super Moderator
2,297 Posts
That's almost exactly what I had happen with my first I-Pace. Same amount of time in repair, also 2 of 36 replaced. Glad you're problem-free.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts