Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was just advised, JLR are recommending dealer replace the Telematics Module to resolve the software issue which occurred when downloading the update. I recall seeing another reference to this module, but now cannot locate in the forum. I hope thisis not a slippery slope as otherwise car was fine before it went into shop, no noticeable software bugs!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I was just advised, JLR are recommending dealer replace the Telematics Module to resolve the software issue which occurred when downloading the update. I recall seeing another reference to this module, but now cannot locate in the forum. I hope thisis not a slippery slope as otherwise car was fine before it went into shop, no noticeable software bugs!
I dont see anything on topix about replacing the telematics module

·
Registered
55 Posts
It doesn't necessarily have to be a "campaign." It could be that the particular telematics module for that specific I-PACE is defective.
I will keep you posted as part supposedly the module is being delivered on Tuesday. If I understand dealer correctly, the original module is flawed and preventing full download of update. Given that I have experienced virtually zero software issues in 9 months, as a layperson it seems an odd diagnosis but I will be delighted to be proven wrong!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I will keep you posted as part supposedly the module is being delivered on Tuesday. If I understand dealer correctly, the original module is flawed and preventing full download of update. Given that I have experienced virtually zero software issues in 9 months, as a layperson it seems an odd diagnosis but I will be delighted to be proven wrong!
Yes you could have a flawed module. Basically a single instance of a failure vs. known issue that would affect many cars.
For those with Topix Accounts, you can go to the workshop manual and search on Telematics to get the overview and see the chart with all the modules it communicates with and controls. I've pasted the overview below:

Telematics is a system of devices and features which communicate with other devices or with human users. The telematics system is a combination of built-in mobile connectivity, global satellite location information and vehicle network communications. The telematics features are often branded under the name InControl™.

The system is controlled by a Telematics Control Module (TCU). The TCU is integrated into the vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) systems. The TCU communicates with the vehicle infotainment system via the Body Control Module/Gateway Module (BCM/GWM).

The TCU is connected to the Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) via the BroadR-Reach® Ethernet.

The telematics system provides features so the driver can remotely connect to the vehicle via mobile communications network. The driver can view information from the vehicle and can send instructions to the vehicle.

These include:

Emergency call (eCall)
Breakdown call (bCall)
'Secure Tracker'
InControl™ remote smartphone app.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes you could have a flawed module. Basically a single instance of a failure vs. known issue that would affect many cars.
For those with Topix Accounts, you can go to the workshop manual and search on Telematics to get the overview and see the chart with all the modules it communicates with and controls. I've pasted the overview below:

Telematics is a system of devices and features which communicate with other devices or with human users. The telematics system is a combination of built-in mobile connectivity, global satellite location information and vehicle network communications. The telematics features are often branded under the name InControl™.

The system is controlled by a Telematics Control Module (TCU). The TCU is integrated into the vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) systems. The TCU communicates with the vehicle infotainment system via the Body Control Module/Gateway Module (BCM/GWM).

The TCU is connected to the Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) via the BroadR-Reach® Ethernet.

The telematics system provides features so the driver can remotely connect to the vehicle via mobile communications network. The driver can view information from the vehicle and can send instructions to the vehicle.

These include:

Emergency call (eCall)
Breakdown call (bCall)
'Secure Tracker'
InControl™ remote smartphone app.
My IPace was returned this afternoon, effectively 5 weeks after failing. All seems to be in order. I have the latest software update, and other than a quirky bluetooth connection to my Pixel 2...all is well. The entire process frustrating but it is what it is. JLR Corporate supremely unimpressive in their handling of a customer. Their strategy of voicemail is probably prudent given their other skills.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
My IPace was returned this afternoon, effectively 5 weeks after failing. All seems to be in order. I have the latest software update, and other than a quirky bluetooth connection to my Pixel 2...all is well. The entire process frustrating but it is what it is. JLR Corporate supremely unimpressive in their handling of a customer. Their strategy of voicemail is probably prudent given their other skills.
Gordondd, what fixes were made to your car? Can you give a breakdown of what was fixed so I can work with my dealer on my fixes? What software version of the infotainment are you on (JLR is supposed to release new version this week). What version of telematics are you on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
As someone who has successfully gone through the lemon law process in WA state, keep ALL the service paperwork and make sure you meet both the letter and spirit of the law to where even a good lawyer can’t twist it around.

Total number of days in the shop based on the service paperwork is how I was successful.

Good luck!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Its in JLR's best interest to not have this go through the court system or Lemon Laws within a residents state. If JLR were ever to lose a case then the car would be designated as a lemon and could not be resold. If JLR negotiates to buy it back then the car can be resold as used. Follow your lemon law, file a auto dispute with BBB and contact corporate office for JLR. If all else fails escalate to senior management at JLR and go to social media and tell the world your issues that you're having. Social media is a good way to get their attention

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welp, last night, same thing. Just as the OP described. Have to be dragged onto a tow truck and dragged to the dealership. So begins my journey, with 6k miles and 6 months old. Regrets, I have a few...

61 - 71 of 71 Posts