Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure I understand your question - suggest you download it and try.

On another note. My IPace marks it 20th day in hospital. I received the attached image of it with rear motor removed. QUite the effort. I am also told they are having issues downloading the software and have reached out to JLR. At first I was irritated but now I accept they are trying their best as all new to them as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Are you still going to pursue your lemon law complaint?
I have opened up a buyback case with Jaguar. I still don't feel the car is safe. The fact I couldn't stop the car until I pushed the brakes to the floor is very alarming. Also the fact that all the wheels locked up is extremely dangerous. What would happen if you're driving on the highway and all of a sudden all 4 wheels locked.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Also the 12v battery was replaced. I don't have the soft copy of the work order but they did replace the Park Pawl control, 12v battery, tightened the read seat hinges which has so far corrected the rattling. Creep mode is still broken, SIM card periodically resets itself, CarPlay is still buggy if connected too soon after starting the car. Telematics version still doesn't appear under software updates.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Also the 12v battery was replaced. I don't have the soft copy of the work order but they did replace the Park Pawl control, 12v battery, tightened the read seat hinges which has so far corrected the rattling. Creep mode is still broken, SIM card periodically resets itself, CarPlay is still buggy if connected too soon after starting the car. Telematics version still doesn't appear under software updates.
sounds like you are not on the latest Infotainment version. CarPlay and the Telematics version appearing are working for me now that I'm on the latest 19A version from July.
Hope the rest of the repairs give you peace of mind. very scary stuff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
sounds like you are not on the latest Infotainment version. CarPlay and the Telematics version appearing are working for me now that I'm on the latest 19A version from July.
Hope the rest of the repairs give you peace of mind. very scary stuff.
I'm on the latest version of the infotainment software from July, but couldnt tell you what version of telematics. The service guy said that i had to wait for the next SOTA (which has never worked) for the telematics version to display. I couldn't even tell you what version I am on now

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Jaguar has denied my claim for buyback/replacement. They said I needed to file an arbitration request with BBB which will just be a waste of time. I guess Jaguar doesnt care about the safety of their customers. Would it have made the news if the brakes failed and I died in a car crash. Maybe that's what it takes for Jaguar to care.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Jaguar has denied my claim for buyback/replacement. They said I needed to file an arbitration request with BBB which will just be a waste of time. I guess Jaguar doesnt care about the safety of their customers. Would it have made the news if the brakes failed and I died in a car crash. Maybe that's what it takes for Jaguar to care.
I contacted my local news and that got JLR moving on my buy back. I used Mike Finney abc news on your side.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I contacted my local news and that got JLR moving on my buy back. I used Mike Finney abc news on your side.
I guess I can contact my local news as well. I’ve been posting to twitter to get the attention of others

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it for Jaguar to deny your request if the car experience satisfies the Lemon Laws of your state? Presumably, there are other remedies beyond the BBB?

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Is it for Jaguar to deny your request if the car experience satisfies the Lemon Laws of your state? Presumably, there are other remedies beyond the BBB?
Lemon Laws are a legal process and the manufacturers have as much right to refute your claims as you have in making them. The burden of proof rests on the person making the claim. It is rarely easy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Lemon Laws are a legal process and the manufacturers have as much right to refute your claims as you have in making them. The burden of proof rests on the person making the claim. It is rarely easy.
I will go through the motions. I already submitted an arbitration claim with BBB (which will go absolutely NO WHERE). I will submit a claim through the TX DMV and I will have my attorney file a lawsuit against them. Lastly, I will continue to voice my dissatisfaction here on this forum and on twitter and other social media sites so others are aware of my issues and the software/hardware issues with the car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am not a lawyer but the Lemon Laws (in North Carolina) seem quite specific, as they appear to be in other states. When my car has been out of service for 20 consecutive (business) days, which it satisfies tomorrow, I am unsure how JLR can counter that fact. I am hopeful they fix the issues as I enjoy the car but it would seem like a factual issue that cannot be interpreted any other way.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
I am not a lawyer but the Lemon Laws (in North Carolina) seem quite specific, as they appear to be in other states. When my car has been out of service for 20 consecutive (business) days, which it satisfies tomorrow, I am unsure how JLR can counter that fact. I am hopeful they fix the issues as I enjoy the car but it would seem like a factual issue that cannot be interpreted any other way.
A good lawyer can argue for or against any ‘fact’...

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
41 - 60 of 84 Posts