Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car towed to the dealership on May 1st when the dreaded "gearbox fault detected" showed up along with the ratcheting sound. Informed them that there's a TSB for this. They said they needed to order parts (wiring harness).

A month later they said the parts were in, and within two days I was able to pick it up. They said they drove it ONE HUNDRED miles to verify the problem was gone. When I picked up the car, they said they didn't fix anything but found the transmission release cable not stowed (?) so they stowed it and sent me on my way.

Less than a mile down the road, the problem happened again.

It's been almost a month again. They said they now have all the necessary parts, but there's an I-PACE ahead of me in the "rack" and they only have one so can't fix my car yet.

I've asked for an ETA but it's like pulling teeth getting responses from them.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience at this dealership or another.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I had my car towed to the dealership on May 1st when the dreaded "gearbox fault detected" showed up along with the ratcheting sound. Informed them that there's a TSB for this. They said they needed to order parts (wiring harness).

A month later they said the parts were in, and within two days I was able to pick it up. They said they drove it ONE HUNDRED miles to verify the problem was gone. When I picked up the car, they said they didn't fix anything but found the transmission release cable not stowed (?) so they stowed it and sent me on my way.

Less than a mile down the road, the problem happened again.

It's been almost a month again. They said they now have all the necessary parts, but there's an I-PACE ahead of me in the "rack" and they only have one so can't fix my car yet.

I've asked for an ETA but it's like pulling teeth getting responses from them.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience at this dealership or another.
Call JLR Customer Service at (800) 452-4827, and tell them the issue.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What dealer is it at?

My car is currently has a dead battery and is at Flatirons Jaguar.
Parts are not coming, with no known avail.
I have started a ref# with Jaguar for a buy back. Have not heard anything yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is currently has a dead battery and is at Flatirons Jaguar.
Parts are not coming, with no known avail.
Same, Flatirons. They said there is an I-PACE in their only "rack" which cannot move, so I assume that is yours. They have the parts for mine but cannot work on it, they say. I'm calling JLR now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called JLR 5 days ago and they listened to my issue and then said they would call the dealership while I was on the phone. As expected, no one picked up there (same problem I have - can never get anyone on the phone), so they left a message and said they would get back to me. So now JLR and I have left multiple messages asking for an ETA, but no response.

Suggestions? Since the car is technically drivable I am considering picking it up and taking it to another dealership.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I called JLR 5 days ago and they listened to my issue and then said they would call the dealership while I was on the phone. As expected, no one picked up there (same problem I have - can never get anyone on the phone), so they left a message and said they would get back to me. So now JLR and I have left multiple messages asking for an ETA, but no response.

Suggestions? Since the car is technically drivable I am considering picking it up and taking it to another dealership.
I feel bad for you guys. Unbelievable that a luxury car manufacturer has dealerships that behave this way. One of the reasons we pay so much for these cars is to be taken care of when things go sideways.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another month has passed, and there's been no update on my car. I called JLR again and they said that no one had opened a case on my behalf so nothing had been done. A case has now been opened. The dealership finally called me but they said there is no update on my car - they have a car in their only rack that cannot be moved that is waiting on a battery replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts