Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to the dealer for software upgrades due to issues with carplay and also some weird noise from the adoptive cruise control which stopped working in a hard rainstorm. The cruise control works fine now with nothing done to it. Service tech said maybe mud on the sensor? Sounds like a bad guess to me but it still works as intended now. My creep mode has gone away since the upgrade. I have tried everything. Turning it on after the car started, turning it on after driving it and putting it in park. Just pushing the start button without my foot on the break pedal. Creep and regen were off after the update and I set regen to high and it came back on and stayed on. Creep has not. Any ideas on what to try next? I have S19A-19.20.4-363281 and also 14.2 installed on 7/2/19 Electro

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You're probably aware that Creep Mode requires a reboot to take effect.

I just had the H228 update, I'll play with Creep today.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Thanks for the info McRat, can you tell me the procedure to reboot the system?
To switch between creep on/off, it just turning the car off, then letting it restart again. Not a full system reboot which is posted someone on this site, and it involves pulling a couple fuses.

To be honest, I forgot to test, we had a mess yesterday.

·
Registered
392 Posts
To switch between creep on/off, it just turning the car off, then letting it restart again. Not a full system reboot which is posted someone on this site, and it involves pulling a couple fuses.

To be honest, I forgot to test, we had a mess yesterday.
This technique works for a short time but after an hour or so it defaults to Off again. I will try this with Smart Settings (profiles) set to Off. I think the problem is coming from there.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Slightly off topic, but the thread Title without context of this forum sounds like a "Personal Space" or "Personality" problem and makes me want to listen to Radiohead.... :)
It's not too different from "I can't get my stalker mode to stay on".

Back on topic - If creep mode is tied to profiles, some folks are having problems with profiles disappearing or the problem with slow loading of profiles. However, S18D has slow load and has reported missing profiles, so why are hearing about creep mode being a problem with S19A only? It's curious.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Back on topic - If creep mode is tied to profiles, some folks are having problems with profiles disappearing or the problem with slow loading of profiles. However, S18D has slow load and has reported missing profiles, so why are hearing about creep mode being a problem with S19A only? It's curious.
It's an issue introduced by 19A. Just tested with Smart Settings "Off" and allowed the car to sit for 45 minutes and Creep again defaulted to Off. It's not a profile issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not rebooted it, because I don't know the steps to follow for that. Any ideas? Does anyone know the steps to reboot the system? I saw a post a while back that said the new software recently changed the way a reboot is done. Electro

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone else care to chime in on this? Anyone else loose creep mode after the update? Any ideas on how to get it back? Jaguar needs to get this fixed. Electro

·
Registered
392 Posts
Anyone else care to chime in on this? Anyone else loose creep mode after the update? Any ideas on how to get it back? Jaguar needs to get this fixed. Electro
If you mean that Creep mode defaults to Off then yes, I have this problem. A few other members have had the mode unavailable to them. I made the mistake of trying to select it while the "transmission" was in Drive. Once I selected Park I could turn it on. Thanks to Sciencegeek for the tip.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can get it to come on in park. It just won,t stay on for me since the update. It reverts back to off each time I turn off the car. McRat said to reboot the system but I don't know how. Does anyone out there know how to reboot the system? Electro

·
Registered
392 Posts
I can get it to come on in park. It just won,t stay on for me since the update. It reverts back to off each time I turn off the car. McRat said to reboot the system but I don't know how. Does anyone out there know how to reboot the system? Electro
I think McRat said to turn on the vehicle, select Creep mode to On, shut off the car, let it sit for a minute then restart. I haven't had success with this method. I've tried a number of ways including turning off Smart Settings but nothing has worked. I think we're stuck until the next software update. Of course something else will break...

·
Registered
527 Posts
My 2019 FE had S18D, creep mode stayed on. My 2020 I just picked up Saturday has S19A, creep mode turns off every time I shut down the car. Read on this forum some have received emails announcing OTA updates coming (S19B, anyone?). Hope that fixes this annoying but minor issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts