Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in California, and noticed during the wildfire season that the I-Pace was inferior to our Porsche when it came to filtering out smoke. I know the 2021 I-Pace gets "upgraded" cabin filtration, and have wondered whether it is simply an upraded filter media that is better at particle removal. While I can't confirm that, I now suspect that to be the case. The stock is just a standard paper filter; not befitting of a vehicle in this class. I replaced it with the best I could find; a Mann Frecious Plus FP1919 filter. Note that it does not appear to be distributed in the US, so I had to order it on ebay internationally for around $50 shipped. It is a substantially better filter in every respect, and fit as well as the stock. The change process was simple and took less than 5 minutes. Set the climate system to recirculate air. Lower the glove box, and on each side is a retainer tab that is keeping it from dropping further. Lift up ever so slightly on the glove box, push those tabs in firmly, and the box drops. The filter housing has clips on both ends that need to be pushed inwards, towards the middle.
Here's my stock filter with 4,000 miles on it versus the Mann.

·
Registered
2020 S
82 Posts
JLR does have an upgraded filter element that fits the I-Pace. When I took in my car for the wet sock smell this summer they replaced the filter with a better one with activated charcoal. So if you complain about the filter not doing it's job you might get the better filter for free.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,041 Posts
At the 21K mile service, filter part number C2S52338 was installed.

Some Jaguar sites say this is for cars without 4 zone climate, and some say it is for with or without 4 zone climate. It probably is for both.

Searching for images, some images and descriptions show this as having activated charcoal. It is far darker than the one pictured above.

·
Registered
2020 S
82 Posts
I was looking online... JLR appears to be using a relatively common filter element common with a lot of Subaru and Toyota/Lexus models. There's actually a decent amount of options out there: Mann, Mahle, STP, AC Delco, Fram...

·
Registered
121 Posts
It fit fine in both my I Pace and my wife's Velar. Amazon also reports it fits both cars when I check my online garage.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
For reference, the JLR C2S52338 filter is 19.5 cm (7.68 in) x 21.5 cm (8.46 in) x 3 cm (1.18 in). This filter does have the carbon as I just removed mine for measurements.

My filter is in a tray and one must put the climate system into recirculating air mode to get a sealing piece to lift up out of the way to remove/install the tray & filter.

I also found the dealer had broken one of the end retaining tabs for the cover (T2H8153). :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
For reference, the JLR C2S52338 filter is 19.5 cm (7.68 in) x 21.5 cm (8.46 in) x 3 cm (1.18 in).
Amazon says the Mahle Original LAO 490 measures 11.72 x 7.94 x 3.78 inches. Something (3.78 vs. 1.18 inches and 11.72 vs. 7.68 or 8.46) doesn't compute here. Amazon says the Mann filter is 7.24 x 7.13 x 1.18 inches and that it fits.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Mahle LAO was my second choice (they seem to be fairly comparable to the Frecious Plus) but I couldn't find a part number that fit in their catalog. Sounds like it's just a case of an out of data catalog.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
O'reilly Auto Parts carries a WIX filter that has the exact dimensions as the filter in my car.

Here are pictures of my filter:
Cabin filter in frame 2.jpg Cabin filter in frame 1.jpg Cabin filter width.jpg Cabin filter length.jpg

·
Registered
2020 S
82 Posts
Mahle's online catalog lists the LA 395, LAK 490, and LAO 490 for the I-Pace. Interestingly their cross reference table lists the CPLA18D483AA P/N that was printed on my filter as being a Ford P/N. I know JLR used to be part of Ford, but that was 10+ years ago. I thought it was weird my filter had a Land Rover logo, but the P/N didn't match the Land Rover format.

My filter is in a tray and one must put the climate system into recirculating air mode to get a sealing piece to lift up out of the way to remove/install the tray & filter.
Hmmm. I just lifted this piece up. I didn't realize you could have the car lift it for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts