Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like I'm buying a FE, original msrp 91k for 56k with 6500 miles that was lemon'd in CA. My reasoning is it comes with a 6 year 100k miles warranty of which almost 4 years and 94k miles are left. That gives me four years of $0 repair cost driving, the car is a bit nicer, and with what I'm getting on my I pace for trade in it is hard to pass up. I just drove almost 60k miles in 2 years and am getting only $2500 less than I paid for it after the rebate is factored in

I am asking for the following:
  • Pathfinder SOH
  • SOTA updates verified
Anything else I should have them do? They aren't happy with me since they were expecting to be able to make the money on financing as most banks won't touch these loans. I have a local bank that has a large amount of my real estate loans and they will be doing the loan at 2.9% despite lemon status. It is like pulling teeth to get them to even send paperwork but I'm still going to have them do everything or I won't buy and will roll with mine past warranty

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
post the last five of the VIN? maybe the person is here and can say why it was lemoned. what did the dealer say the lemon issue was?
72406 are the last two numbers on the VIN. It has been like pulling teeth to get them to be responsive, it became obvious they didn't want to sell me the car so I had to make some nasty reviews and now they are back to selling it but you couldn't try to act like you wanted to sell a car less than they have regarding my purchase of this I Pace. Once they realized I didn't need their financing to buy the lemon everything went down hill. Financing is a lot more expensive for a lemon and I suspect it is built into their profit model when they purchase these

I did find this after 2,211 miles for original owner via carfax "Engine/powertrain computer/module replaced" and 4k miles later they lemon'd it

·
Registered
15 Posts
If that is the one that is being sold in Georgia, I managed to get them to send me the RAV documentation for it which I posted in another thread if you're interested. I also had a hard time getting them to communicate with me. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that is the one that is being sold in Georgia, I managed to get them to send me the RAV documentation for it which I posted in another thread if you're interested. I also had a hard time getting them to communicate with me. Best of luck!
Yes it is, they sent me the RAV docs as well, I guess we have been talking to them at the same time. Why did you decide not to move forward?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes it is, they sent me the RAV docs as well, I guess we have been talking to them at the same time. Why did you decide not to move forward?
I decided to move on when they wouldn't respond to me for days at a time and the car disappeared from their site so I assumed it had sold. I also plan on financing and didn't feel comfortable trying to finance a lemon.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided to move on when they wouldn't respond to me for days at a time and the car disappeared from their site so I assumed it had sold. I also plan on financing and didn't feel comfortable trying to finance a lemon.
Gotcha, thanks. Almost the same boat for me but I may see it through since the warranty is supposedly Dec 2025. I drive about 30k miles a year so 3.5 years and almost 100k miles on it means I can probably get at least 4 years of expense free driving. In theory lol..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If you find another, new or used, demand a 24 hour test drive and get all reports. Get a third party inspection. If I did all that and the car was fine, I'd go for it for a good price.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I thought about buying a lemon but couldn’t pull the trigger!

when I was looking a few months ago lemons were selling for closer to 50K. Use car prices are crazy!

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought about buying a lemon but couldn’t pull the trigger!

when I was looking a few months ago lemons were selling for closer to 50K. Use car prices are crazy!
They still are. This one actually has a 6 yr 100k mile warranty that expires Dec 2025. Since I drive 30k miles a year, this is perfect for me at 56k. The ones in the 49-53.5k that I've seen that are lemon only have the 60k mile warranty though one incorrectly states (according to dealership) on cars.com and their website it comes with the 100k warranty but it does not. This one is the only one with that length of warranty, which again for me with the miles I drive is worth paying 56k. It does come with the upgraded 22s which look better I'm just not sure about the hassle of more tire changes and ride quality. The best deal I've seen was 48,900 lemon with 2k miles on 60k mile warranty and it was snatched same day it appeared. The bonus is I got 41k for my beat up 57.3k mileage Ipace so all in all if I don't spend more than 6 months in the shop of the first 4 years I'll be thrilled with the deal

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ah I see it’s the extra warranty that’s the advantage!

I’d be fine with that soc report.

you might be able to have the dealer let you keep your 20s if you leave them the 22s. Could be a straight swap.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah I see it’s the extra warranty that’s the advantage!

I’d be fine with that soc report.

you might be able to have the dealer let you keep your 20s if you leave them the 22s. Could be a straight swap.
I thought about that but I'm having them ship the car and then shipping mine back

1 - 20 of 22 Posts