Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an air suspension leaking fixed a few days ago. I noticed a seemly bumper ride after getting the car back but now it seems to be getting worse. I can feel continuous front quick bumps, like you had bad tires, even on roads with good conditions. Also, TPM load setting (normal or light) is grayed out (but no warning messages). The setting is selected on light load now and the dealer put too much air into the tires, 44 in front and 50 in back. I lowered them to around 40 but did not see much improvement. I will bring it to the dealer tomorrow but afraid that they likely won't be able to check it right away. What are your thoughts? Is it ok to drive the car while waiting for an appointment?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
Are you in park when you check the load settings?
Lower front tire pressures to 37 when cold (after sitting at least 4 hours in shade).
Check lug nut tightness with a torque wrench if you have one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you in park when you check the load settings?
Lower front tire pressures to 37 when cold (after sitting at least 4 hours in shade).
Check lug nut tightness with a torque wrench if you have one.
Thanks. I just realized that the load setting only available when not driving. It could be my tires are out of balance. Anyway, it is the time to get a set of new tires. Seems there is no choice for 22 inches.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Yes, worn down tires can give thumpy or vibrating rides that signal they are at end-of-life. They can give audio sounds of a "whap, whap, whap..." as they rotate. You might not see any issue with them, they just telegraph the message as best they can since they don't have the gift of voices.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, worn down tires can give thumpy or vibrating rides that signal they are at end-of-life. They can give audio sounds of a "whap, whap, whap..." as they rotate. You might not see any issue with them, they just telegraph the message as best they can since they don't have the gift of voices.
You are so right. When trying to lower the tire pressure, found the one of the tires is damaged. Here is a picture. What can cause this? I did not hit anything and dealer did not say anything about tire when they fixed suspension leaking either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
That tire is soooo worn down that tread separation has begun. It could have been started by a pothole. You need tires ASAP to be safe (stating the obvious).

·
Registered
815 Posts
I’m surprised the dealer didn’t recommend new tires! Normally they include an inspection to find things like this that they can fix

1 - 11 of 11 Posts