Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has any service manual (or experience to share) to fix a small issue on my rear bumper. Someone backing out of a parking spot next to me turned too early and caught the side panel of the rear bumper that holds the rear--right pointing sensor. I'd rather fix it myself if I can get whatever clips were not damaged to re-engage and use adhesives to secure anything else (not worth the whole bodyshop hassle for something this simple). The issue is the panel is intertwined with the bumper and black strip, so it is hard to see what clip is grabbing what and what might be ncliped and what might be broken off. I can probably pry around and undo some clips to seee what is going on, but if someone has a diagram, that would reduce the risk of me making it worse.

BTW, the owner left a note but I decided to let him of the hook, again because getting it done at body shop is likely more trouble than re-clipping it all (hopefully).

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am not sure what part you had come loose. It appears that you have had something come loose on the bumper. I took my whole bumper off. I used a mirror and a flashlight to do this. The bumper part up by the wheelwells have a slot cut in the bumper housing. You remove the bottom bolts connecting the bumper to the liner. You loosen the vey top pinch bolt, but do not need to remove it as you can remove the band of the bumper out of the pinch. You do this by pulling very hard on the side of the bumper. There are numerous bolts under the car and up by the hatch bottom. You do not have to loosen or remove any taillight bolts. You have to disconnect an electrical connector on the passenger side of the bumper. There are many different kinds of fasteners holding the bumper on. I did this 2 years ago and I am old and forgetful! Hopefully you can get a flashlight and figure out how the lower section attaches without removing the whole bumper.
Tire Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts