Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The preconditioning temperature in the new Remote app seems to be stuck or revert back to 69F everytime. I have it at 72F on the old Remote app. Is this a bug?

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
Same for me, 69F on the new (and not much improved app). What is strange... on the new app it says that whatever you set the target temp for, this will be the default. I set it to 70F every time, and every time it reverts back to 69F!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The preconditioning temperature in the new Remote app seems to be stuck or revert back to 69F everytime. I have it at 72F on the old Remote app. Is this a bug?
View attachment 4053 View attachment 4054
Same here. Also no longer has my VIN number listed, and the links to call JLR if need roadside assistance or to report car is stollen. Sent in a comment/complaint to app developers, and got back what looked like a “canned” response about updating subscriptions (that either were all shown as current, or didn’t exist where they told me I would find them).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Don't be confused by the Remote App and the Remote App by Jaguar, there is one old and one new....
Which one did you donwloaded ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well mine stopped connecting to my car yesterday. Still thinks it is sitting at my house and I can't lock the doors or start climate system. Lots of bugs it seems.

·
Registered
2019 S
9 Posts
I've seen a number of threads on issues with the remote app. For me, no matter what I do, for the life of me I can't get the app to not show that my vehicle is asleep.

I've been driving it every day for the last 2 weeks, and yet it still says that the vehicle is asleep which renders the app useless. I've done all of the following:

• Quit the app and relaunch
  • Sign-out of the application and sign back in
  • Delete the app completely, reinstall, and sign in again
  • Turn my car on while attempting to use the app
  • Sign in to the InControl website to confirm my account is active
I'm out of ideas at this point. Am I basically stuck going to the dealer, or are they going to likely not be any help?

The app did work for me a few weeks ago without issue (I've only had the car for a month), but now I'm stuck. Any additional ideas/suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Remote error.jpeg

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've seen a number of threads on issues with the remote app. For me, no matter what I do, for the life of me I can't get the app to not show that my vehicle is asleep.

I've been driving it every day for the last 2 weeks, and yet it still says that the vehicle is asleep which renders the app useless. I've done all of the following:

• Quit the app and relaunch
  • Sign-out of the application and sign back in
  • Delete the app completely, reinstall, and sign in again
  • Turn my car on while attempting to use the app
  • Sign in to the InControl website to confirm my account is active
I'm out of ideas at this point. Am I basically stuck going to the dealer, or are they going to likely not be any help?

The app did work for me a few weeks ago without issue (I've only had the car for a month), but now I'm stuck. Any additional ideas/suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
Am I correct that most of the problems are with the new app? I'm still using the old InControl Remote app and it's working fine. Maybe try the old version. WattCat is working fine too so perhaps try that too if your phone is Android. If neither work then it might be time to see the dealer.

·
Registered
2019 S
9 Posts
Am I correct that most of the problems are with the new app? I'm still using the old InControl Remote app and it's working fine. Maybe try the old version. WattCat is working fine too so perhaps try that too if your phone is Android. If neither work then it might be time to see the dealer.
Yeah unfortunately the old app isn’t working either. Guess it’s time I take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am a similar problem since 2 days. I went to the dealer to install the H280 update, and ask to ask an update on the TCU as well (14.2 -> 18.2). Since then, last location of the car is at the dealer, even if the car is in the driveway. In the app, I can see that the last update is 2 days ago, just like McRedden where the last connection to the car is 3 weeks ago. It is not a problem with the app, both old and new app can't get the latest update. They can connect tto the JLR server, but the data on the JLR server is 2 days old. It is a problem with the TCU and communication between the car and JLR. It looks like the dealer did something (I can't be sure he has updated the TCU), and now the TCU is out of sync with JLR. I try to reset and resync with a long press on the bCall button above the windshield, multiple time, without success. I can't connect directly with the API either, so it is not an app problem.
What is the proper way to reset and resync the TCU ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a similar problem since 2 days. I went to the dealer to install the H280 update, and ask to ask an update on the TCU as well (14.2 -> 18.2). Since then, last location of the car is at the dealer, even if the car is in the driveway. In the app, I can see that the last update is 2 days ago, just like McRedden where the last connection to the car is 3 weeks ago. It is not a problem with the app, both old and new app can't get the latest update. They can connect tto the JLR server, but the data on the JLR server is 2 days old. It is a problem with the TCU and communication between the car and JLR. It looks like the dealer did something (I can't be sure he has updated the TCU), and now the TCU is out of sync with JLR. I try to reset and resync with a long press on the bCall button above the windshield, multiple time, without success. I can't connect directly with the API either, so it is not an app problem.
What is the proper way to reset and resync the TCU ?
You could have the same issue as me, check my response to this thread out, hopefully you may find something useful to help you!

·
Registered
216 Posts
You could have the same issue as me, check my response to this thread out, hopefully you may find something useful to help you!
I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but yes I had the same issue, car not communicating with JLR, despite a lot of TCU reset in the car. As soon as I have boosted the 12V, the car resume the communication and all journey info was updated on JLR servers. It seems like all incidents I had recently were all related to a weak 12V battery. They all disappeared after a 12V battery boost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts