Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's been about 6 weeks since we took delivery of our 2019 I-Pace HSE, and I just dropped it off this morning at Jaguar to fix/diagnose a few things:

1. FIX - HUD and HUD options disappeared after a week of taking delivery. As in the HUD option no longer comes up in the menus on the dash.
2. DIAGNOSE - GOM resets to 201 after charging most of the time. The most I've been able to get the GOM up to is 216, and that's after plugging in right after drives for a few days in a row. I understand that the GOM is not accurate to begin with, but I find it strange that I'm not seeing higher numbers like others after the H264 update (dealer confirmed that it was done). If anything, I want to make sure that the update was installed correctly and that the new efficiency features are functional.
3. DIAGNOSE - When I adjust the steering column and push it all the way up, the lights on the steering wheel flickers like a temporary disruption of power. It always comes back, which I'm not too concerned about, but when this happens at the beginning of a drive, I get the "Intelligent Emergency Braking System Not Available" warning and cruise control is unavailable for the duration of the drive. The warning does not go away if I turn off and restart the car. The problem is only resolved after the car goes to sleep and wakes up again. My wife and I have different steering column height preferences, and that's why I'm adjusting the wheel often. If this is a design flaw, then so be it. I'll just try to not push the steering column all the way up.
4. DIAGNOSE - Loud fan noise coming from the left side of the dash when the AC is running. I've deduced that it's not the air vents but some fan that's cooling the AC system. I've gotten used to it somewhat over the past 6 weeks, but it seems like an $85K car cabin should be more quiet.
5. DIAGNOSE - Squishy brake feeling and sound. Again, this was since day 1, and I've gotten used to it by now. But the brakes on the loaner E-Pace they gave me does not do this, so I wanted them to check this out.

The dealer said that they need to keep my car for 2-3 days, as they only have 2 techs that work on I-Paces, so I'll report back after.

·
Registered
90 Posts
1. FIX - HUD and HUD options disappeared after a week of taking delivery. As in the HUD option no longer comes up in the menus on the dash.
This happened to my car too - my dealer surprisingly determined they have to replace the HUD to fix this, I'm taking it in tomorrow and I'll report back how the fix goes

2. DIAGNOSE - GOM resets to 201 after charging most of the time. The most I've been able to get the GOM up to is 216, and that's after plugging in right after drives for a few days in a row. I understand that the GOM is not accurate to begin with, but I find it strange that I'm not seeing higher numbers like others after the H264 update (dealer confirmed that it was done). If anything, I want to make sure that the update was installed correctly and that the new efficiency features are functional.
AFAIK, 201 is a sort of "failsafe" estimate that the GOM sets to when it is missing some data. I seem to remember there is some sort of transient failure of a temperature probe that can cause the GOM to fall into 201 failsafe mode. There is a procedure documented on this forum for resetting the GOM, which resolves this failsafe mode.

5. DIAGNOSE - Squishy brake feeling and sound. Again, this was since day 1, and I've gotten used to it by now. But the brakes on the loaner E-Pace they gave me does not do this, so I wanted them to check this out.
For better or for worse I would bet that the dealer tells you it's operating normally. The I-pace blends regenerative and friction braking when using the brake pedal. As you initially push the pedal it's all regen, and at some point in the pedal travel the friction brakes are applied. This is the "squish" you feel and sound you hear. The E-pace has friction brakes only, so it's expected that they would not feel or sound the same. The sound can be louder sometimes because of rust on the rotors. This is common among EVs, which use their friction brakes far less frequently and therefore accumulate rust on the rotors. You can mitigate it by doing a some high speed heavy braking to clear off the rust if the noise bothers you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This happened to my car too - my dealer surprisingly determined they have to replace the HUD to fix this, I'm taking it in tomorrow and I'll report back how the fix goes

AFAIK, 201 is a sort of "failsafe" estimate that the GOM sets to when it is missing some data. I seem to remember there is some sort of transient failure of a temperature probe that can cause the GOM to fall into 201 failsafe mode. There is a procedure documented on this forum for resetting the GOM, which resolves this failsafe mode.

For better or for worse I would bet that the dealer tells you it's operating normally. The I-pace blends regenerative and friction braking when using the brake pedal. As you initially push the pedal it's all regen, and at some point in the pedal travel the friction brakes are applied. This is the "squish" you feel and sound you hear. The E-pace has friction brakes only, so it's expected that they would not feel or sound the same. The sound can be louder sometimes because of rust on the rotors. This is common among EVs, which use their friction brakes far less frequently and therefore accumulate rust on the rotors. You can mitigate it by doing a some high speed heavy braking to clear off the rust if the noise bothers you.
Thanks! I appreciate your insights.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks! I appreciate your insights.
Got my car back yesterday with a new HUD installed and all seems to be working fine. The service writer seemed to imply he thought the HUD might never have been installed in the first place, which sort of beggars belief and wouldn’t apply to you since you saw yours working at some point.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts