Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my AC start blowing hot air about a month ago. Two different dealers, two recharges and back to the shop.
So tired of the Jag having issues, almost completely done with it.
Anyone have recent issues with AC stop blowing cold air?

definitely leaking Freon.
2019 HSE And 37000 miles

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
237 Posts
This is a common problem and there is a service bulletin for this. It involves replacing some screws in the condensor with ones that are a different length I believe. A search on these forums will turn up more.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had my AC start blowing hot air about a month ago. Two different dealers, two recharges and back to the shop.
So tired of the Jag having issues, almost completely done with it.
Anyone have recent issues with AC stop blowing cold air?

definitely leaking Freon.
2019 HSE And 37000 miles
We do this every spring. There are one, if not more, TSBs about this. My mechanic brother-in-law told me over the weekend that during the winter, the components probably contract in the cold, letting the freon escape. It fails every spring, we get it charged back up, they can't find a leak, and we're good for another year. If you live in Arizona and have this problem, the theory is probably not correct, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So a “good news” update. My Dealer finally found out the cause of the malfunctioning AC. Bad news, it wasn’t an NTSB bulletin, but after a little over a week of searching it is a faulty electric high pressure AC compressor.
Now you may be saying how is this good news….well there is no replacement parts in the US at this time so it will need to come from the UK and there is a few week back log until it will get here.

this is a true British car experience, chalk up over a month with no car now for no AC. At least it should be faster that the two months it wasdown due to battery issues.

·
Administrator
3,125 Posts
Arg. I don't know if this makes you feel any better but the Velar loaner I have right now also has a faulty AC, at 23,000 miles. "True British car experience" indeed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts