Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commented on my older post, but thought it might be useful to start a new thread.

Both Jaguar In Control apps (new and old) died today. They will not refresh, no matter what I have tried.

The old app shows the correct location, new app does not.

Both apps show the correct mileage, but both apps show the wrong range and battery SOC% and neither will update.

The new app last updated 20 hours ago, and the old app last update sometime early this a.m.

I know these are 1st world problems (before someone attacks me ;) but this is really annoying. We are set to have 100+ F temps for the next week, and I cannot use my app to activate climate.

In fact, the new app says Climate running at 69F for 30 mins. #1 I did not activate climate since the app is inoperable. #2 I never set the hvac to 69F. I know others see the 69F on the new app too. I have set it to 70 & 72F, and it just goes right back to 69....but when the app worked, it never set the actual car to 69 :eek: Crazy JLR sh*t. LOL

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

Now the new In Control app says: Sorry, your vehicle cannot be located at this moment.

The old app still shows location info from during the night.

It is so strange that both apps are inoperable, yet are providing different info, but both show the correct mileage of my car. So crazy!

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is the AT&T coverage where you live?
All cell providers up in our Canyon have next to no service. We do Wi-Fi calling when at home, and have a repeater for most of the house.

I tried both apps, twice today when I was out of the canyon… With a full five bars of cell service and LTE.
By the way, we have Verizon. Even with five bars of service and LTE… Both apps were dead.

I have even signed out, and logged back in to both In Control apps two times, and still both are inoperable.

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Your car's SIM that provides data to the API is on AT&T, that's why I asked. (This is not the infotainment SIM but the one you can't access.) I suspect it has something to do with your car not being able to communicate to the mothership.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is so strange is that on both apps, the correct mileage is showing after I drove (the mileage changed from yesterday to today), but both apps will not update.

Also beyond odd, but very JLR (lol)...the old In Control app says my car is unlocked. The new In Control app says my car is locked and the Climate is actively running at 69F (it's not; my car is parked unlocked in the garage).

I have logged out and back in both apps 2 more times now, and no better.

:cautious: For mental health, I will wave the white flag tonight

·
Registered
692 Posts
What is so strange is that on both apps, the correct mileage is showing after I drove (the mileage changed from yesterday to today), but both apps will not update.

Also beyond odd, but very JLR (lol)...the old In Control app says my car is unlocked. The new In Control app says my car is locked and the Climate is actively running at 69F (it's not; my car is parked unlocked in the garage).

I have logged out and back in both apps 2 more times now, and no better.

:cautious: For mental health, I will wave the white flag tonight
Is it possible that using both apps may cause confusion?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
I have both apps + WattCat and they don't cause any problems for me.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it possible that using both apps may cause confusion?
It has never been an issue at all.

My car must be connecting to both In Control apps, since my current mileage is correct after I drove today for about 60 mins. But, both apps will no update/refresh and no services are available, and as I mentioned the one In Control app says my Climate is running and the car is locked :-O

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Just as a data point, I'm still on TCU version 14.2 and I've never had an issue in my 1.5 years of owning an I-Pace.
Deutsch do your journeys get logged properly? When you look at the web site ...

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just as a data point, I'm still on TCU version 14.2 and I've never had an issue in my 1.5 years of owning an I-Pace.
I have never checked Journeys, ever. Are the automatic? I have never enabled Journeys. I use the app really only for Remote Climate control, since it is always so da*n hot here!!!

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update The old (original) In Control app just updated!!! It is showing my current location, miles, battery charge, lock status, etc...

But, the new In Control app still will not update. Location is wrong, lock status is wrong, and it is still showing my climate is running at 69F. How can the old be working and the new and improved be so off?!

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
I have never checked Journeys, ever. Are the automatic? I have never enabled Journeys. I use the app really only for Remote Climate control, since it is always so da*n hot here!!!
I love the Journeys feature. It reports statistics like length of drive, efficiency, etc.

Update The old (original) In Control app just updated!!! It is showing my current location, miles, battery charge, lock status, etc...

But, the new In Control app still will not update. Location is wrong, lock status is wrong, and it is still showing my climate is running at 69F. How can the old be working and the new and improved be so off?!
Yeah it's weird but consistent with the idea that they're still testing the new app; if it were working perfectly they would have chosen to just replace old with new instead of having two parallel versions.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your experience seems consistent with the car not being able to reliably communicate with the Jga server to upload the data, which in turn is provided to the Apps. I've had it not update for periods only to randomly update (and incomplete data) all of a sudden. There could be a software glitch on the car side that prevented it from updating that gets cleared on a software reboot, which happens under the hood.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine are not logging on the web site either. Nothing updated since 7/22.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine are not logging on the web site either. Nothing updated since 7/22.
Sorry. It is very frustrating. I have had the app die several times, and it is always when it is hot and I want to use remote climate!

The old In Control app (original app) updated today! But the old app still has not updated, but mileage is correct. JLR is the strangest company!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts