Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on some boards that appear to use this same forum software engine. (But I'm going by appearances.)

They have a pattern of slow loading times when a new display or message is called for with a click. But this one is markedly slower than even those.

I'm running some ad blockers and such (which I do on the others also). Could that be it?

Any suggestions for speeding up this interface in general? TIA.

·
Administrator
161 Posts
I have been on some boards that appear to use this same forum software engine. (But I'm going by appearances.)

They have a pattern of slow loading times when a new display or message is called for with a click. But this one is markedly slower than even those.

I'm running some ad blockers and such (which I do on the others also). Could that be it?

Any suggestions for speeding up this interface in general? TIA.
what kind of extensions are you using and which browser is this? check to see if your browser and extensions are up to date first.
some extensions do block certain script that can affect the site.

Lee

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running with the up to date Mac OS Mojave with the up to date Firefox browser, with its blocking on, plus Ghostery blocking on.

For unknown reasons (and without any intentional change on my part) it has been markedly faster today and yesterday.

It's a mystery! But a lot better! Thanks for your response.

·
Administrator
161 Posts
I am running with the up to date Mac OS Mojave with the up to date Firefox browser, with its blocking on, plus Ghostery blocking on.

For unknown reasons (and without any intentional change on my part) it has been markedly faster today and yesterday.

It's a mystery! But a lot better! Thanks for your response.
well we didn't do anything xD so maybe there was dev changes done during the day.
btw, you can always test what's the issue but turning your extensions on and off to narrow down the issue. I think adblock and ghostery can be turned on and off per tab session.

Lee

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I recently had several MS Office program updates, and they pre-load in the background and compete for bandwidth.

It is common that it makes many things sluggish. I will turn off the blockers and see if that makes a noticeable difference.

Thanks again!

Edit: it was the Firefox blocker. Making this site an exception for its blocking and still leaving Ghostery on just made it snappy. Nice! I should have figured out to try that, but now I'll keep it in mind for the future.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I think its the board, it comes and it goes, and I have lots of bandwidth and nothing in background. Multiple locations and multiple platforms. None of it makes a difference. It’s the servers.

·
Administrator
161 Posts
I think its the board, it comes and it goes, and I have lots of bandwidth and nothing in background. Multiple locations and multiple platforms. None of it makes a difference. It’s the servers.
Are you noticing any specific times its worst?
-Philip

·
Administrator
161 Posts
do you use a VPN to browse the forums? we are on cloudflare and VPN services might make it difficult to engage in the forum.

Lee

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
300 Posts
No VPN here, or content blockers. It’s just sporadically slow, like there isn’t enough traffic for Cloudflare to keep it in the cache and each time it has to reload it completely. Browsing other sites is fine, and switching between WiFi and LTE doesn’t make a difference.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To update my user experience: the board remains generally quick, but with the occasional slow loading page.

Not often, not every visit, and when it happens, it's usually one page load and then it goes back to acceptably quick again.

So while there is still some kind of infrequent and transient issue, it's mostly fine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
On an iPad, I’m running Privacy Pro, which uses VPN, to screen out ads, etc. Forum pages always load slowly

·
Administrator
161 Posts
To update my user experience: the board remains generally quick, but with the occasional slow loading page.

Not often, not every visit, and when it happens, it's usually one page load and then it goes back to acceptably quick again.

So while there is still some kind of infrequent and transient issue, it's mostly fine.
yeah that's likely the case too. if there isn't enough traffic in your area, then it's likely constantly grabbing fresh pages from the host server. we'll let our techs know to see if there's anything we can do there.

Lee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts