Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a fun problem today. About 10 minutes into a drive I stopped getting audio from my iPhone. The song position kept advancing, and you could hit play/pause on the i-Pace or the iPhone and it would properly reflect on the other. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting Bluetooth, rebooting the iPhone, repairing the phone, and powering off the car for 30m, but none of those brought the sound back. Navigation direction continued to work, the volume adjustment showed it was at the normal volume, and when I plugged the phone in CarPlay worked fine, so it was only Bluetooth audio that was hosed.

I’m hoping it starts working again sometime this week, otherwise I go back to the dealer again. Currently on S19B_19.35.5 and SOTA shows no update available.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so this was user error. Not sure how it happened, but somehow I managed to take the volume on the phone all the way down. Not only is the volume on a per-device basis, but the setting memory persists across forgetting the device in Bluetooth settings on the phone. So one mystery solved, but a new mystery of why Apple would do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, so this was user error. Not sure how it happened, but somehow I managed to take the volume on the phone all the way down. Not only is the volume on a per-device basis, but the setting memory persists across forgetting the device in Bluetooth settings on the phone. So one mystery solved, but a new mystery of why Apple would do that.
Hello! Hopefully you’ll get this, i have had the same exact problem happen to me yesterday but I couldn’t understand from your response how you fixed it, could you please provide me with details

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
Welcome Noura! This has happened to me too ... with the phone connected to the car's bluetooth, you just turn the phone's media volume back up.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
306 Posts
Welcome Noura! This has happened to me too ... with the phone connected to the car's bluetooth, you just turn the phone's media volume back up.
Same thing happens with Android, your phone volume impacts the output volume of the bluetooth connected device. If the phone volume is turned to zero there is no sound via the bluetooth device.

·
Registered
93 Posts
For IOS devices the BT volume is setup separately for the specific devices connected, your headphones can have a different initial volume level than a wireless loudspeaker.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I like that it stores different volume for different devices, but what shocked me when it originally happened is it stores that across forgetting and repairing the bluetooth device. That was truly bizarre.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts