1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 HSE
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Automakers That Have Won Big or Lost Ground Going Into 2021
(Hope this link works!)

I doubt that many of us would consider the I-PACE "forgettable". I, for one, consider it one of the very best cars I have ever owned, among many BMWs, an Alfa Romeo, a couple of Lotuses and many others.

I sure wish JLR did a better job of marketing it!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Forgettable? Does Kevin Tynan have any idea how many awards the I-Pace has won? Does he have any idea how well respected it is within the BEV world?

No, I’d say Kevin Tyman’s comments & opinions are ‘forgettable’. 😉

·
Registered
732 Posts
If the article was written 18 months ago I might have agreed. My dealer had the car more than I did and the infotainment was slow and had several problems. The dealer eventually sorted out the repairs while JLR rolled out numerous TCU, battery management and infotainment system updates. Now, what's forgettable for me is my ICE car. I never drive it. The I-Pace is by far my favorite car.

·
Registered
2019 HSE
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bloomberg article was written by Hannah Elliott just before this past Christmas. It was reprinted in the San Diego Union Tribune a few days later which is where I saw it. She seemed to just parrot what mainstream writers have produced. I frankly doubt that she ever drove an I-PACE.

And yes, this car certainly isn't perfect in all ways. I still get the black screen problem from time to time, and had some camera problems at the beginning. But it is just so much fun to drive! Whether it was on an extended trip to Palm Springs where charging at an EvGo site was a breeze, or on a couple of shorter trips up to Julian via some splendid winding back roads, the combination of responsiveness and handling is truly outstanding. And I realize we are a biased group, but its design both inside and out is peerless among current electric cars. That may change, so I hope JLR sticks with it. As CurtSprings2 says: this car has left me with no other alternative than to abandon further purchases of ICE cars in the future!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts