Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Took delivery Sep 7 with software 18D, took it back to dealer first thing Sep 9 with black screen issue. Dealer updated to 19A. Black screen issue happened again this morning (Sep 18) and I took it back again. Hopefully 19B solves this issue for good.

There is some evidence the blank screen problem is in the telematics module, not infotainment where telematics version 14.2 seems to have the problem.

See: https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2349&hilit=telematics+update

·
Registered
20 Posts
Took delivery Sep 7 with software 18D, took it back to dealer first thing Sep 9 with black screen issue. Dealer updated to 19A. Black screen issue happened again this morning (Sep 18) and I took it back again. Hopefully 19B solves this issue for good.
Dealer replaced the infotainment master controller (IMC) entirely and updated it with software 19B. Hopefully the issue is solved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the same boat... Blank screens all weekend - Magically fixed themselves.

I finished the OTA upgrade on Thursday 20191107 and was appreciating the faster response on everything. Carplay was noticeably faster. Then...

Took my dog to the vet on Friday morning 20191108 and it was fine. Came back out to the car 10 minutes later, started the vehicle, and all the center screens were blank. I tried all the 6 steps on the suggested debugging list. I checked ALL the fuses just to be sure. I even pulled the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes. No change. On Saturday 20191109, made a Monday appointment with my nearest dealer. Screens were still blank all weekend.

This morning, Monday 2019111, I started the vehicle to take it to the dealer. Screens were still blank. (Good - I can replicate the problem for the dealer!) I was backing out 1/2way down my driveway and saw a flash on my right. The backup camera came on in the upper display screen. By the time I was in the street and switched to drive, it was warning me about distracted driving and to "please press here to continue".

Thank goodness I had taken pictures, or the dealer would not have believed me.

When I get the vehicle back, I'll post what they do / didn't do to add to the body of knowledge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My center screens went blank - What was done about it

On Friday morning 11/8, i came out from taking my dog to the vet, started my i-pace, and... Why are my center display screens blank???

I tried the 6 point checklist. I pulled every fuse under the back seat and in the trunk. I even pulled the fuses in the load shedding module next to the fuse block in the trunk. Then I pulled the negative battery cable. All with no success.

I made an appointment with the Service center at Jaguar Land Rover Bellevue (They were excellent to work with, BTW) and got an appointment to have it looked at on 11/11.

On the morning of 11/11, I started my i-pace and the displays were still blank. (Good! I can show them the issue while its broken. But...) While backing out of my driveway there was a flash on the display. I looked and I had a backup camera again. By the time I finished backing out and put the car in drive, both displays were back to normal.

I still took it in and they flashed everything in sight as well as applying some minor service bulletins. I included the invoice below as well as pictures of the SW version numbers from the display after the service appointment.

I don't know if this will completely solve the problem, but I hope it does! I wanted to contribute my info to the body of knowledge on this issue. I will check back in a few weeks with any new information.

Have a great day!

Attachments

41 - 44 of 44 Posts