Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
I'd suggest disconnecting the ground cable connections to both 12V batteries and keeping them away from contact for at least 30 seconds. This will result in the need to reset things (e.g auto windows down/up) and loss of data that is in volatile memory (e.g. auto trip mileage). This may also trip some low voltage fault codes.

Disclaimer: Taking any action may resolve the problem (for now) and remove any ability for diagnosis by the dealer.

Additional to Ken's suggestion, you'll need to ground that aluminum foil before she gets into the car, and then find a good grounding point for when she is in the car. ;)

we definitively need to find the hidden way to soft reset the infotainment system. I am pretty sure there is a way to do it. Almost every piece of software include this.

Have you tried wrapping her head in aluminum foil? ;)
Didn't think of that for this particular situation though something similar has crossed my mind when we disagree ;). I went away to our cottage for a couple of days and left her here and my printer is also non-functional now :mad:. Anyway - charging up the car. It's still on the original telematics when I got the car - 14 something I believe. Hopefully an upgrade will prevent this from happening again.

My first real issue with the car after 10 months. Blank screen - main screen and climate control. I blame my wife - her body sends out mini EMPs and disrupts electrical equipment. I was driving her around doing her errands when it went blank. I recall a printer/scanner not working until I had her move 6 feet away in the past.

Anyway it's been over 24 hrs now. Main screen is continually on as it is warm even after the car has been turned off overnight and still has a slight glow. Steering wheel controls on the left don't work - trip/volume/phone buttons. I can turn A/C on off with the separate button but climate knobs are blank. Actually just had the infotainment update OTA for the first time about 4 weeks ago. Also can't contact the car via the app or watt cat. The app was down for few days recently but was back up a few days ago.

I've booked in at Budds in Oakville on Monday. Unfortunately they don't offer free loaners - rental for $29/day. So much for Jaguar care. I assumed there would be a complimentary replacement vehicle but I guess it's dealer specific. Hard times for Jaguar.

Going to charge the car fully and see if this resets something. I'm wondering if the screen being on continuosly will drain my 12V battery if left too long without driving it / turning it on.
I had the same thing happen this weekend. Screens went dead for a few days, but the big screen was always on (you cans the glow in the dark and warm to the touch). The lower middle console (climate/audio) screen came back yesterday afternoon but the temperature knob (while showing the temp) was unresponsive and the main screen remained off. When I arrived home and turned the car off, the main screen showed a graphic of the cameras (I think) before going to the Jaguar logo, then went off "normally (no glow). All went on normally this morning and seems back to normal.

The car began responding to the App (so it communicated with JLR) last night, which was not the case for several days (a precursor to the screws failing).

Screens still blank after 5 days. Interestingly whatever us going on is also draining the main traction battery from 100% to 98% after 10 hrs when not plugged in. Quite a lot. Is the main battery trying to keep the 12v batteries charged as the screens or something else are continually draining them with the car off?

Car is back from the dealer and everyone working again. I asked them to update vehicle connectivity system which they didn't do - still stuck on 14.2. The Battery energy control system still shows blank. It looks like they did a reinstall of the infotainment software S20B which is the exact same version that was SOTA installed last month. Update H270 which was showing as a recall?

The advisor said they updated a "few" things though have no idea what that means. Anyway lets see what happens. Car is nice and clean.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.