Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Blank Screen JLR Troubleshooting chart:

37K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  gtquan 
I tried pulling the 3 fuses I circled in the photo, but no luck. No luck with steps 4 and 5 either. That leaves step 6, disconnecting the negative on the 12V battery. But it's raining too hard right now so I'll try that later.

Attachments

When I checked the owner's handbook it mentioned one loadspace fuse box, but there are two. The one in the manual doesn't list a fuse in position 15, and fuse 1 is 20AMP, so I figured it was the other box. Googling for "i-pace quiescent current control module" got https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-I...YSTEM-GENUINE-NEW-2018-C2D23644-/163121346422 as the first hit and the module in the photo matches the second module (towards the rear) in the right rear quarter panel. Counting from bottom left to right and top right to left gave me 3 15AMP fuses in spots 1, 5, and 15. Looked like a match, but didn't help, and put a warning message on the console. Traction battery failure or something like that. I'll go drive it around for a bit to see if that clears.

When the center screens wouldn't come on, I couldn't adjust the climate controls, the displays in the climate control buttons didn't function, and there was no way to play any audio or use the navigation. At some point I noticed that the top screen would show a power icon and the camera, parking assist, and auto park icons, but it didn't respond to tapping except for the power icon which turned the screen off. Two days after the center screens went out they came back on shortly after I started driving. I had scheduled a service appointment, but have cancelled it now that everything seems to be back to normal. I do recall that shortly before the screens went out the system had also lost the smart profile I created. That didn't come back, and I haven't recreated a smart profile. It seems a waste of time if it's just going to disappear again anyway, and I'm not sure what settings it remembers that aren't in the "default" (dumb?) profile. The traction battery fault warning that I got after pulling the fuses is gone too now. Never did have to disconnect the 12V battery. I did push the service button on the left side of the rear view mirror until it started blinking slowly several times, with no immediate effect, no idea if it made a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.