Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Blank Screen JLR Troubleshooting chart:

37K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  gtquan 
#1 ·
If you feel brave, this was released on 16 DEC 2018. They still do not know the true cause of the Blank Screens. They are collecting surveys from techs who are working on the cars to try and isolate it. But to try and 'fix' the problem, JLR is telling their techs to:

Reset Procedure:

1) IDMA Reset:
Pull Fuse 1 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If this resolves the issue please, reset is complete.
If issue is still present continue with step 2

2) IMC Reset:
Pull Fuse 5 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If issue is still present continue with step 3

3) SICP Reset:
Pull Fuse 15 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If this resolves the issue please, reset is complete
If issue is still present continue with step 4

4) Quick power mode cycle:
Turn Ignition off
Wait for 15 seconds
Turn Ignition On
If issue is still present continue with step 5

5) Quick sleep cycle:
Turn Ignition off
Single lock vehicle
Wait for 10 mins
Enter Vehicle
Power on vehicle. Start vehicle (Press brake pedal, Ignition on).
If issue is still present continue with step 6

6) Battery hard reset:
Remove 12V Main battery (T4) negative terminal.
Wait for 10 seconds.
Connect 12V Main battery (T4) negative terminal.

Still nothing? Escalate.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Do you have any pictures of this module, and how the fuses are numbered? I see two boxes behind the cover that have fuses in them, neither have fuse numbers on them.
I can't find maps in either the Owner's Manual or Service Manual, just lists of fuses and fuse box locations.
Did you look at the bottom of the cover? Many cars have a map underneath the cover.

There are 5 fuse boxes. One you do NOT play with (center under bonnet).
Left and right sides under bonnet.
Under rear seat.
Right side of the cargo area.
Your owners manual shows where these are.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
What is the source if this troubleshooting list? You know someone that works at Jaguar?
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has TOPIx as their on-line service information service. It's a subscription. I paid for a month looking for information about updates and other info. Most the information I expected to find is not there, or I can't locate it with their search function. Like the trailer hitch and wiring, how to acquire the Pathfinder tools (reprogramming), or vehicle specifications.

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thx for the info.
Have you had the touch screens go out and put the troubleshooting steps to use with any success?
When my touch screens first went out, all I had to do was a 100% charge, lock and unlock the car, then do a Slow Boot.
I get in, put on my belt, hold the brake and push the ON/OFF for a full 1 second. Now I wait for the car to boot up.
It will load the phone stuff, then music, then nav, then 4G, usually a Jaguar warning screen comes up, and I tap it.
I would not plug a phone into it until it's done booting, or put/remove a memory stick while booting.
When everything is up, then I put the car into gear.

Since I've been doing that, (often ignoring the 100% charge and 4G), I've had no black screens or sudden switch to Celsius on the temp knobs.

I'm very used to computers taking awhile to boot. You should see how long an iPhone takes to come on when it's been turned off. And after many years, they still have serious bugs in it.

Sadly, I remember when a 80486 booted too fast and you had a TURBO button you had to have OFF in order to get it to boot. Virtually instant. Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet was just over 0.1 megabytes. It fit on a floppy. I'm not convinced today's computers are much faster than what we had when it comes to Work Per Hour. We just have bigger programs that are not optimized.

Perhaps the reason the I-Pace boots slow is it does some things that some other cars do not.
1) Hotspot
2) Carplay and AA
3) Smart climate controls
4) Does the diagnostics BEFORE the motor is turned on, ICE does it afterwards. You don't want >400v active until you've checked it first. You can't check an ICE unless it's running.
5) 4 LCD displays: HUD, Dash, Center Top, Center Bottom.
6) Runs under Windows. Linux is far faster especially on multicore machines or machines with less ram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.