Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Blank Screen JLR Troubleshooting chart:

37K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  gtquan 
Picked up my First Edition yesterday. Drove like a dream. This morning when I went in to start it up, the center two screens didn't come on. Tried the slow start method--didn't work. It still drives fine, just the screens are out. Have tried to see if it would resolve itself about 4 times today on various drives but they've stayed off. Have it on the charger now, will top it to 100% and see if that does anything. Not really that fond of messing around with fuses, but will take it there if the problem persists.

I do have 18D installed. I haven't messed around with pulling fuses yet but that is next up on the agenda. Charged to 100% last night and let it sit for 16 hours, this morning the screens still were blank. Interestingly I can tell the main screen is on, with no graphics, whereas the lower climate screen is completely off. I can't adjust the climate and its apparently stuck on blast furnace hot. :(

Tried steps 1-5, off to try 6. Wish me luck! My dealer claims they have no loaners and keep putting me off until they do so this is where I'm at. 6 of my first 7 days as an owner without functioning screens. :(

So when I went to remove the negative battery lead, the owners manual said the 12v battery should only be replaced by a JLR certified shop and it apparently had some sort of a locking nut on them(ones with the little plastic innards). So I couldn't get it off without really putting forth some effort and decided they must have a good reason for making it so difficult.

However, about 20 minutes into the next time I drove the car, the screens randomly came on in the middle of driving. And have been working properly since.

My car was due to go in this week and I called service advisor, he said if they're working no need to come in--and JLR "probably pushed a software update OTA" to it. I don't think he knows what the heck he's talking about, but I also think that there clearly are some software bugs causing this so letting the dealer mess around with it would likely do more harm than good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.