Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it seems like there has been plenty of black screen issues in the past, but I can't find any posts about this recently. I just wanted to share my first black screen experience from this morning with the sequence of events leading up to the issue, in case anyone else comes across this as well. Here's what happened:

1. Entered the car and the two center screens booted up normally.
2. Plugged in an iPhone cord to one of the USB ports.
3. Pressed the button to precondition car on the bottom screen.
4. Plugged in my iPhone to the cord to charge.
5. When I looked up, both the center screens were black.

I then started the car by pressing the brake and start button. The dashboard booted up normally, however the two center screens remain black, unresponsive to touch or by pressing the radio on/off knob. I then turn off the car and restarted again. All screens booted up normally.

In reading past posts, it appears that the car is pretty sensitive to certain sequence of events, so I'm chalking this morning's issue up to plugging in my iPhone prior to starting the car. I have not had any issues with the screens otherwise. I do notice that if I back up immediately after starting up the car without a fully booted center screen, I'll only get the proximity warnings with no back-up camera. I have to press the camera button for that to come on.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I have had my 2019 I-Pace 30 days now and have never had the two center screens stay black.

I have however had the center area on the main Instrument cluster (I have mine set to media) stay with the image of the I-Pace instead of show media twice. Both times I started driving before the media showed up in the center of my main instruments.

The I-Pace seems to really prefer to let ALL screens boot and power up before driving. It can be annoying sometimes, but it's not that bad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just today, for the first time since I got the 19B and now 19C updates several weeks ago, I suddenly got black screens.
I had pulled up to a store and pushed the Start/Off button to turn the car off, but sat and listened to the radio for a few moments before opening the door, which completes the shutoff.

Came out a few minutes later and started the car ---> black screens.

Shut the car off for a few seconds, restarted/rebooted and all is good.

Hmmm.... Hope this isn't a new thing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Have seen this maybe 5 times in the first year. Mostly it would self reboot 5 - 10 minutes into the drive. Recently I had the first black screen for an entire 20 minute drive. Booted fine next drive. Could be better software but not that big a deal to me. Much more concerned about the unneeded charging cable lock and poor timer as these are a programmed daily annoyance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts