Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Those of you that haul bikes with your i-pace, how have you solved this.

Roof rack, or the rear-cycle carrier?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,291 Posts
Because I often park at work I can't leave the bike on a carrier. So I take off the front wheel and throw the bike into the back, with the Jag rubber mat and a custom cover over the (folded down) seat backs. Works great. NB: it's a 29er L mountain bike; I think you won't have to take the front wheel off a road/gravel bike or a 27.5 or 26er mountain bike

·
Registered
550 Posts
I put a Jaguar E-Pace trailer hitch on my I-Pace... and used the same old trailer hitch bike racks I have always had, that fit on any car with a trailer hitch.
Towing Hitch not available for North America #13
do you have a better quality image of how the finished product looks? I'd love to re-use my traditional trailer hitch-mounted rack! I did see the picture from your prior post, but it's too dark and wrong angle to truly see how the hitch protrudes from the rear end lower fairing. Although I'd probably only use it for hauling bikes, what has been your experience with tow capacity? Could it pull a couple thousand pound trailer in a pinch?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought my rear-cycle carrier on Ebay this winter. Still in its box... I haven't mounted and used it yet. Can't comment, but I am commenting... :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I only tow a light aluminum trailer and bicycles on bike racks. The trailer only weighs about 350lb. I had it loaded up with 16' 6x6s and pulled it home fine with my Ford Focus Electric. I don't plan on ever towing anything like a car over a long distance. But in town I'll tow about anything, as long as I'm careful and easy on the pedals. I stood a level up touching my rear bumper, with the bubble centered
Ipacetrailerhitch.JPG
and took a picture. The face of the hitch is about 3 1/2" from the car side of the level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts