Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a roof rack for my I Pace, but I've seen the cross bars from Jaguar just support up to 65kg. I'm interested in mounting a camping tent on it from time to time, and such a small capacity wouldn't work.

Does anybody now if those specs are the limits for load while driving, or static when parked? If static, has anybody mounted more capable bars?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I own the Jaguar cross bars, and they're awesome. They have a maximum load of 69.9 kg (154 lbs). I only carry 2 windsurf boards, which are long, but no where near the max load of the racks. I think there are 2 independent limiting load factors: (1) the maximum weight the bars car sustain and (2) the maximum weight the roof area near the top of each door's frame can hold, because the roof rack feet sit over this area. Consequently, the maximum load will be the minimum of these 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see... That is a bit disappointing, but it makes sense. I guess I´ll buy them anyways to carry bikes, boards and stuff.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you see a significant decrease in range (5% or more) with these when they are empty? Is there more wind noise with an empty rack on the car? I definitely understand that putting a kayak or bicycle on the rack will decrease your range and increase the noise, but I'm wondering what the cost is when the rack is empty.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do you see a significant decrease in range (5% or more) with these when they are empty? Is there more wind noise with an empty rack on the car? I definitely understand that putting a kayak or bicycle on the rack will decrease your range and increase the noise, but I'm wondering what the cost is when the rack is empty.
I don’t notice additional wind noise or range reduction with empty racks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a set of Thule aerobars as I had these for previous car. Needed to change the bars as well as the feet because of the length required for the IPACE.

Around town, no noticeable wind noise, but on open road it is very noticeable, unless driving on a rough surface road when road noise is more dominant.

As for range, I pay no attention to the impact as I'm never far from a fast charger, so have little to no range anxiety.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts