Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was fully charged and the GOM was indicating an autonomy of 408km/253mi. I had 600km to drive, mostly on the highway. I set the cruise at 100km/h and I saw the range steadily going up. I stopped after 425km/264mi to refill and I still had 35km left on the GOM. I had a little help from the wind in the back (10km/h).

·
Registered
9 Posts
is very strange that my car is getting more range in dynamic compare to ECO and Comfort. Around 3% more on ECO and maybe 8% on Comfort mode. So i choose to drive in Dynamic now..more fun with less energy...lol

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
is very strange that my car is getting more range in dynamic compare to ECO and Comfort. Around 3% more on ECO and maybe 8% on Comfort mode. So i choose to drive in Dynamic now..more fun with less energy...lol
I always drive in dynamic and when I don't push it the efficiency is excellent.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
dernotte ... that's awesome! warmer temps and tailwind do make a difference! and you stayed at reasonable speeds, 62.5 miles per hour is totally in the safe zone. with 10 km/h tailwind you were really only going 56mph and yes now that I think about it I would totally expect that sort of range. very nice!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I typically drive in Dynamic with adaptive acceleration set to middle or Comfort and I don't see a consumption penalty on my commute. If I'm really trying to stretch range on the interstate, I'll use Eco for the thrifty HVAC and the less aggressive throttle which makes a difference both if you are using AAC or your right foot.

Dernotte was managing 17.7 kWh/100 km which translates to 28.49 kWh/100 miles which is pretty much the best I've managed on short secondary highway trips in perfect conditions (I've gotten below 25 kWh/100 miles on really short low speed trips). Pulling that number over relatively flat ground (only 2 kWh regenerated) for almost 290 miles is really impressive.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
724 Posts
This morning I was fully charged and the GOM was indicating an autonomy of 408km/253mi. I had 600km to drive, mostly on the highway. I set the cruise at 100km/h and I saw the range steadily going up. I stopped after 425km/264mi to refill and I still had 35km left on the GOM. I had a little help from the wind in the back (10km/h).
Now all you have to do is wait for the wind to turn around and you can go home.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
724 Posts
dernotte ... that's awesome! warmer temps and tailwind do make a difference! and you stayed at reasonable speeds, 62.5 miles per hour is totally in the safe zone. with 10 km/h tailwind you were really only going 56mph and yes now that I think about it I would totally expect that sort of range. very nice!
So, with a 100km/hr tail wind he could have gone forever? 🙂

I know you were simplifying and approximating, but somebody will read this and extrapolate. Just wait.
What about hurricane force winds - could you charge the car?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Impressive (always easier to go East on the 20 than west!). I'm guessing you had a couple of "steamies" at Normandin's while charging? We eventually will have to make the drive to NB from Montreal, and given the closed border, we may go via Riviere du Loup since cutting through Maine is not an option for a while yet... Good to know that we might be able to go that far before the first charge stop.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
So, with a 100km/hr tail wind he could have gone forever? 🙂

I know you were simplifying and approximating, but somebody will read this and extrapolate. Just wait.
What about hurricane force winds - could you charge the car?
Yes! If the wind pushes you the car will charge. You can also have someone tow you. ;)

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
724 Posts
Yes! If the wind pushes you the car will charge. You can also have someone tow you. ;)
No need to ever worry about running out of juice on a long trip - just get a tow for a few miles to get back up and running. Wonder what the charge rate would be at 60mph?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Impressive (always easier to go East on the 20 than west!). I'm guessing you had a couple of "steamies" at Normandin's while charging? We eventually will have to make the drive to NB from Montreal, and given the closed border, we may go via Riviere du Loup since cutting through Maine is not an option for a while yet... Good to know that we might be able to go that far before the first charge stop.
Report your trip here and tell me if you are able to do the same. I have the impression that I was in a perfect condition of weather, temperature and wind. The only thing i did not check before this trip is tire pressure. I don’t expect the same personal record on your way back to Montreal.
You got it right, we stopped at the Normandin while charging…:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Driving in mixed urban conditions in a medium sized Midwestern city. Some downtown traffic. Some highway miles. Temps in the 75-80 deg F (25C). Didn’t baby it, didn’t make it scream. After a full charge, I registered 227 miles with 37 miles left on the GOM. Wow. Pretty good

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had a trip a couple weeks ago that my I Pace mysteriously just killed it in terms of mileage. Usually at highway speeds, I get about 1 mile for every 1.2 miles shown on the GOM. I got 1 mile for under 1 shown on the GOM. It was inexplicable, as the weather was typical of many other trips, I was driving some north and some west, so I didn't have a big tailwind. Happy, but just odd.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts