Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 102 Posts
Model Year: 2019
Mileage: 12,000 kms
12V Battery Issue: N
Main Battery Issue: Y

Main battery replaced at 10,000 kms. New battery required repair of 2 of 6 charge control modules. New batter would charge to only 91% and required new software. New battery shows 94% health on WattCat which is worrisome after 1000kms.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
If I added correctly, there have been 35 different vehicle entries so far, and nine of them have had at least one battery issue, which is 26% of those polled. Just a hypotheses, but it appears that a bad main battery pack will show itself early in the life of the vehicle, indicating a possible issue from the factory. The 12V battery appears to go bad after some use.

MY 2019

Mileage 0-10,000 miles
12V Battery Issue: Yes = 2 No = 23
Main Battery Issue: Yes = 5 No = 20

Mileage 10,000+ miles
12V Battery Issue: Yes = 2 No = 6
Main Battery Issue: Yes = 0 No = 8

MY 2020

Mileage 0-10,000 miles
12V Battery Issue: Yes = 0 No = 2
Main Battery Issue: Yes = 0 No = 2

Mileage 10,000+ miles
12V Battery Issue: Yes = 0 No = 0
Main Battery Issue: Yes = 0 No = 0

I have to say this seems awfully significant. Given the low US sales and the fact that at least a few of us, myself included, were posting before even receiving a car.. yikes. I originally wrote off the reports of faulty cars to the "upset people visit forums" theory, hence why I still purchased an iPace, but it certainly feels like there is a significant quality control problem with the batteries.

I'm 95% certain my battery was faulty from the factory, 100% certain it was faulty from the dealer, which is just mind boggling given that the fault is easily noticeable through multiple means.

I really like the iPace, fantastic car, and I'm trying to be positive about it but I feel like my confidence in JLR is completely shot.

Mileage: 3800
Main Battery Issue: N

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I started a similar poll on an I-Pace Facebook group with a bit more users participating. Someone commented that the 12V issues should be fixed now after an update.

239 total users responded so far.
200 have had no issues
27 have had a 12V battery issue (11%)
12 have had a main battery issue (5%)

Mileage: 4403
Main Battery Issue: N

Note: 12V Battery: 14.8 V
Main: 77.15 kWh at 94%

mileage: 2,800 miles

12v battery: N
Main battery: N

Mfg. date 3/19
Note: Exception?: At 220 miles on car, after receiving a full 100% charge from an Electrify America fast charger, received a red "High Voltage" alarm in the dash. Cleared after a few minutes of driving, never to return. Have charged at 6 fast chargers since then with out a problem. I have 3 unknown displayed alarm bells that come on at top of dash for about 60 seconds every time I start the car. They clear after a few minutes. ? Car runs great.

I started a similar poll on an I-Pace Facebook group with a bit more users participating. Someone commented that the 12V issues should be fixed now after an update.

239 total users responded so far.
200 have had no issues
27 have had a 12V battery issue (11%)
12 have had a main battery issue (5%)
Wow, that's a good sample size! Are there Euros in there or is it mostly 'mericans? GratedWasabi made the point that only about 2500 iPaces have been sold in the US, so your facebook group is equivalent to 10% of US owners. Either way, that's a lot of people. 5% main battery issues is worrisome given the recency of the car's debut.

Discussion starter · #55 · (Edited)
Wow, that's a good sample size! Are there Euros in there or is it mostly 'mericans? GratedWasabi made the point that only about 2500 iPaces have been sold in the US, so your facebook group is equivalent to 10% of US owners. Either way, that's a lot of people. 5% main battery issues is worrisome given the recency of the car's debut.

Seems to be a good mix of nationalities with 3K members. I imagine the issue is less than 5% as perfectly happy drivers don't always chime in, or sign up to chat in the first place.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JagIPace/

Battery Issue

5500 miles
12V: no issue
Main Battery: big issue
Sunday started at 201 after a FULL night charge, drove 2 minutes, battery reading at 282, then 2 minutes later 200, then 3 minutes later 278, then 270, then 193.
Galpin Motors: normal! Yes, I understand speed, A/C, hills, etc. all have an impact but the above was city driving with a low A/C and flat streets. This will be the 4th time at the dealer to figure out what is going on. We live in California so the Lemon Law may apply but not interested in getting into litigation. Want my car to be bought back and I will lease another. Thoughts? We are not mechanically oriented.

5500 miles
12V: no issue
Main Battery: big issue
Sunday started at 201 after a FULL night charge, drove 2 minutes, battery reading at 282, then 2 minutes later 200, then 3 minutes later 278, then 270, then 193.
Galpin Motors: normal! Yes, I understand speed, A/C, hills, etc. all have an impact but the above was city driving with a low A/C and flat streets. This will be the 4th time at the dealer to figure out what is going on. We live in California so the Lemon Law may apply but not interested in getting into litigation. Want my car to be bought back and I will lease another. Thoughts? We are not mechanically oriented.
You *may* have a battery problem, but the best way to find out is to follow Dantrium's suggestion in the other thread in response to your question there:

https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/6...15-201-miles-gom-how-many-want-jlr-fix-3.html

If you have an android device, download WattCat and see what it states as your kWh capacity when battery is fully charged.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.