Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't seen anyone mention this and I don't know if anyone else has volunteered to let Recurrent harvest your car's battery data, but this is something I've been a part of for about two months now. When I first signed up, apparently I was the first Jaguar to participate since the signup process didn't work correctly for Jaguar initially, but I ended up working with them to iron out the kinks and we eventually got my car signed into their system. It appears they have over 2500 cars currently being sampled but I imagine only a handful of these are currently I-Pace's.

While this data certainly helps them in their business, the data is useful for us too. They sampled my battery 60 times this month and found an average charge of 71% with a range of 31% to 100%, and reported I drive an average of 15 miles per day vs the fleet avg of 16. Here are a couple of example screenshots of the battery report they just provided for this month. There is other data but these are two of the charts that are the most pertinent to us as a group. I don't know that they consider "Similar Vehicles". Remember that these charts are specific to my car, your mileage may vary (hah).

I was a little hesitant at first to do this since as part of the signup you end up having to use your Jaguar InControl login credentials to allow them access to the car's data on Jaguar's servers, but some poking around made them look legit so I decided to sign up. Plus I like data and analytics so how could I say no? I can certainly understand those that would decline.

If you are interesting in contributing to their data pool and are comfortable with them accessing your car's data, then they are looking for more contributors and you can sign up at the link here (I am not affiliated in any way other than being one of the cars they monitor): Recurrent — Research Fleet

Also importantly as buyers they have a page that allows you to enter the VIN of a used EV to observe its battery health information before buying. Of course this seems it could be a double-edged sword for those of us that sign up to participate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I signed up a week ago or so. I haven't seen any reports yet, but sign up went smoothly for me -- thanks for all of your work on that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts