Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far as I know, the range estimate the car gives you is based on usable battery capacity vs actual, so the 2.8mi/kWh will give you a predicted range of a bit over 230 miles
This is ture, an average journey of 38.6kwhr/100 miles will provide 233 miles at 90 kw. However, when I charge overnight the indicated range is now showing 255 and updates to 261 miles when I start the vehicle. I am hoping for the best if we do a longer range trip.

The good news is that since we got this car it has consistently declined in range predicted from 237 at purchase down to the high 180's before the last shop go around. My thought is the regen was not working but is now corrected, but it could be other issues they addressed in the last update for efficiency.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Happy to report I got the car back after 3 weeks( I had my lemon car complaint ready to file)

Based on info I read in this forum its to be average 3-4 weeks with a "main battery issue"

I am glad they fixed the car as the only other EV car I would had purchased would have been Mercedes EQC that would not be available until 2021

They also updated the software(v19A). A few items I noticed improved (from my 2 day drive....)
- Re-gen braking is more aggressive that when I first got the car. Not as aggressive as the bmw I3 but it should improve range. I enjoy one pedal driving.
Currently at full charge it has 200 mile range. I expect it to go up in the coming weeks as I get to drive it more
- No major lags navigating the screens. I see a lot complaints about the software. But since its shared across most Jaguar models they should be updating the software frequently enough.
- Lane keep assist is not as aggressive as when I first got the car

I just need to drive it for a few more days so I can forger about the 3 week waiting period..........

·
Registered
427 Posts
Happy to report I got the car back after 3 weeks( I had my lemon car complaint ready to file)

Based on info I read in this forum its to be average 3-4 weeks with a "main battery issue"

I am glad they fixed the car as the only other EV car I would had purchased would have been Mercedes EQC that would not be available until 2021

They also updated the software(v19A). A few items I noticed improved (from my 2 day drive....)
- Re-gen braking is more aggressive that when I first got the car. Not as aggressive as the bmw I3 but it should improve range. I enjoy one pedal driving.
Currently at full charge it has 200 mile range. I expect it to go up in the coming weeks as I get to drive it more
- No major lags navigating the screens. I see a lot complaints about the software. But since its shared across most Jaguar models they should be updating the software frequently enough.
- Lane keep assist is not as aggressive as when I first got the car

I just need to drive it for a few more days so I can forger about the 3 week waiting period..........
Great news. Hope this will be the last of the major issues and you are able to enjoy the ride.
I think I need to get mine in to recalibrate or adjust the agressiveness of lane keep assist and emergency lane keep. Please keep us posted on how things go during the next 4 weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my IPace for 5 months. I really love it but unfortunately it’s been flat bedded into the repair shop . The car break pedal went stiff and car would not start when trying to start it switched on and the switched itself off. Been in the repair shop for two weeks now and so far Juaguar have failed to diagnose the problem. Any advice of what action to take would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Had my IPace for 5 months. I really love it but unfortunately it’s been flat bedded into the repair shop . The car break pedal went stiff and car would not start when trying to start it switched on and the switched itself off. Been in the repair shop for two weeks now and so far Juaguar have failed to diagnose the problem. Any advice of what action to take would be appreciated
give them another week to figure out what is wrong with your brake pedal and if they still can't ask them to buy it back...

·
Super Moderator
1,575 Posts
Did they at least give you a loaner? I'd make a ruckus of increasing intensity as time goes on. Because you know what's going on: nobody is actually working on it because they wait for JLR corporate to give them instructions so that they get reimbursed for the work they do.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Monty47, sorry to hear of your troubles. Outcomes in situations such as yours are so highly dealership-dependent. It's kind of sad the Jaguar has the established dealer network to be highly responsive to service issues - a MAJOR deficit and disadvantage for Tesla - yet between lack of communication and bureaucracy JLR fails to take advantage of this valuable asset. I get that the car is new, but it is so highly decorated, so visible in the media, and it's platform so critical to JLR's future that you'd think they'd establish a handful of I-Pace "Liasons" to ensure success of the car worldwide. Apparently not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Quick update
Had the car for 3 weeks now and no major issues.
- Drove 2K miles
- Range (80% highway)
- 220-230 miles with temperatures around 70-75 degrees.
- 200-210 mile range with temperatures around 90-95 degrees

- Issues
Navigation system reboots while driving (takes 30-45 seconds to reboot)
Rear view camera video feed is not smooth
....hopefully it will be resolved in subsequent upgrades ( I am on 19A)

Overall very happy with the car (I almost forgot my 3 week "repair" period)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had the same issue, had car for 4 days, 1500 miles, bought as demo, flat bed took an hour, be sure to put the car in neutral, otherwise in 12 degree weather trying to run the heat, batteries will drain tot the point where is won’t go into neutral and they will have to use pucks to slide it onto the flat bed. Also the tow hook is only on the right side, so it pulls your car crooked and the right rear rim will hit the flat bed edge and put a nice gouge in it..... waiting to hear fix....

We purchased the car 5 days ago and love it

But, last night I went to drive the car and got a message saying "Stop safely Battery fault detected"

All systems will be on but the car would not move forward or reverse

Call Jaguar service and they sent a flat bed to take it back to the dealership

Anyone has had this issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had this same issue yesterday. I intended to drive home for lunch and received the "battery fault" warning. Things seemed to start up but no power to the wheels. I called the local dealership where I have it serviced and they dispatched a tow for me.

Before the tow arrived I decided to try it again (after about 45 minutes). Started right up with no problems. I drove it around the block and everything seemed to be fine.

Called to cancel the tow and the dealership to schedule a visit the next morning instead.

While leaving work for an evening meeting later it did it again. Same battery fault as a few hours before. I walked to my meeting instead and imposed on a coworker to give me a lift home later. Before we left a couple hours later I tried to start it up and everything worked fine. I drove it home.

It started fine this morning and I dropped it off at the dealership a couple of hours ago.

2019 hse garaged nightly
4300 miles
No h264 yet
Average temp here lately has been about 35-45F

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just got a Land Rover rental, they said it may be a while, no diagnosis yet...

Just had this same issue yesterday. I intended to drive home for lunch and received the "battery fault" warning. Things seemed to start up but no power to the wheels. I called the local dealership where I have it serviced and they dispatched a tow for me.

Before the tow arrived I decided to try it again (after about 45 minutes). Started right up with no problems. I drove it around the block and everything seemed to be fine.

Called to cancel the tow and the dealership to schedule a visit the next morning instead.

While leaving work for an evening meeting later it did it again. Same battery fault as a few hours before. I walked to my meeting instead and imposed on a coworker to give me a lift home later. Before we left a couple hours later I tried to start it up and everything worked fine. I drove it home.

It started fine this morning and I dropped it off at the dealership a couple of hours ago.

2019 hse garaged nightly
4300 miles
No h264 yet
Average temp here lately has been about 35-45F

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just got a Land Rover rental, they said it may be a while, no diagnosis yet...
I had the same issue, post the H264 update, and had the car serviced. The following was on the service ticket:
"•Cause: BECM and BCCM Software Updates.
•Read And Clear Fault Codes
•Battery Charger Control Module (BCCM) Software Update
•I-Pace Software Update Without PCM - BECM"

There was also apparently a "Stored Code" from the Charge Lock Actuator. The Actuator was removed and replaced, and the code was cleared.

I'm hoping I don't get anymore Traction Battery Faults or Charging system faults after this 10 day service!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue, post the H264 update, and had the car serviced. The following was on the service ticket:
"•Cause: BECM and BCCM Software Updates.
•Read And Clear Fault Codes
•Battery Charger Control Module (BCCM) Software Update
•I-Pace Software Update Without PCM - BECM"

There was also apparently a "Stored Code" from the Charge Lock Actuator. The Actuator was removed and replaced, and the code was cleared.

I'm hoping I don't get anymore Traction Battery Faults or Charging system faults after this 10 day service!
How has this worked out for you? Have you had any recurrence of the problem? The service department has had mine since Friday and have not identified the problem yet. I'm hesitant to jog their elbows but if the measures taken with yours seem to have worked I will suggest them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How has this worked out for you? Have you had any recurrence of the problem? The service department has had mine since Friday and have not identified the problem yet. I'm hesitant to jog their elbows but if the measures taken with yours seem to have worked I will suggest them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So far all has been good. I honestly think that these updates are the same as the H280 update (or is the H280 update), as my H264 was done before 1/29. As I understand it H280 is a bug fix for H264 done prior to 1/29. Post 1/29 H264 updates have the bug fix included.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We purchased the car 5 days ago and love it

But, last night I went to drive the car and got a message saying "Stop safely Battery fault detected"

All systems will be on but the car would not move forward or reverse

Call Jaguar service and they sent a flat bed to take it back to the dealership

Anyone has had this issue?
Have you had the H264 update?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked my ipace from service this morning and so far so good. It has started successfully five times out of five tries. The service tech said that the problem "would never happen again." the service manager agreed that was an awfully bold statement...

From the service invoice:

"checked codes; found P0302B, P0302C, P0302D, P0302E, P0302F, and P3030 for cell supervisory controller circuit faults for all controllers. Ran guided diagnostics for fault codes in pathfinder. Updated battery energy control module per pathfinder. Road tested vehicle for 30 minutes per pathfinder guided diagnostics. Fault codes did not return. "

While the tech told me over the phone that they were applying h264 and h280, I noted from the service invoice that they only did h264. Since it is post 1/29, h280 may already be included with h264 but it is troubling to be told two different things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And now it did it again. Went out start the car this morning and same problem as before. Going back in for servicing today.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts