Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a message to download a new battery control update. I didn't see anyone talking about this in the forum. Anyone got this update and know what it is?

Computer Personal computer Gadget Font Output device

After the update

Gadget Font Display device Rectangle Electronic device

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
190 Posts
Whoa, BECM software being updated via OTA. Never thought I'd see the day! What years are your vehicles?

It looks like what was updated was the first module; from BP to CK. I'm not seeing any new release notes in Topix for the BECM for my vehicle. I'm a 2020 that is also on the BP version. If one of you has a 2020 and want to send me your VIN, I'll check Topix to see if there's anything in there.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
77 Posts
I have a 2020 HSE and called my dealer today. He said that he had no way to push an update to me vehicle and that I had to come in. My TCU version is 16.2 so I have issues with JLR remote working and the web browser functioning properly. Glad you guys go teh update. I wonder if it's by your dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
At least you have a dealer who is willing to give you the update to 19.2 ... mine fought me tooth and nail a while ago (though I eventually convinced them to do it).
Interesting. I was in a similar position with my Range ROver sport (That was also stuck w/ the buggy 16.2 TCU software for a while). Periodically, I'd hit "check for update" for the TCU software, and one day, magically it decided to allow me to update to 19.2. I really dont think the dealer had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am on TCU 19.2 and called JLR today and had the rep look in Topix. The only software update listed was S21B for InControl; nothing for the BECM.
I'm not seeing any release notes in Topix for this update, but my subscription is listed to the 2020 model year. Anyone with a subscription for 2019 want to take a look to see if it is mentioned?

·
Administrator
2,783 Posts
You're not up to date. you need a dealer visit to update the connectivity to 19.2 and check on the BECS
Hint: think of something that gives you trouble; the dealer doesn't like it if you just want the updates without having some sort of issue

·
Administrator
2,783 Posts
I don't know why but I do know that this is what many people have experienced. Sometimes the dealer can enable SOTA remotely but updating from 16.2 to 19.2 seems to require a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace SE
57 Posts
My update failed to complete and my screen is now looking like this for the past 4 days when the screen is on and car is not in reverse. I can drive the car, but it looks like I will need to take a trip to the dealer. The count down starts at 30 seconds and then the screen shuts down.
Product Font Display device Darkness Screenshot

·
Registered
190 Posts
My update failed to complete and my screen is now looking like this for the past 4 days when the screen is on and car is not in reverse. I can drive the car, but it looks like I will need to take a trip to the dealer. The count down starts at 30 seconds and then the screen shuts down. View attachment 6182
To be clear, this was for the BECM update? Just want to clarify that it isn't for the InControl Touch Pro update that is also being pushed out.

·
Registered
2020 S Fuji White
29 Posts
Got a message to download a new battery control update. I didn't see anyone talking about this in the forum. Anyone got this update and know what it is?

View attachment 6173

After the update

View attachment 6174
I got this update in March 2021. My dealer installed 19.2 in February and this update was OTA soon after. I am hoping that it fixes all of the traction fault horror stories.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts