Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I purchased my I-Pace over the weekend and when I drove it off the lot, I noticed that my car fully charged showed 201 millage. The dealer had said since this car is behind on couple of updates, it will be fixed once it's updated. I got it updated; however, it is still showing 201 milages. the explanation that I got from my dealer that it will change as I drive more which sounded more like sales talk. Has anyone noticed this issue after getting the latest update? I would think the car at full charge, should show 230ish (+8% more with the new update) and then depending on my driving habit, I may or may not get the same mileage.

·
Registered
899 Posts
People around here call it the guessometer. I'd ignore it and pay attention to how much charge you have left. Everyone's guessometer seems to just settle on 201 miles at full charge, so your car is behaving normally.

But don't worry. Tesla is still trying to get their software right.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hello Everyone, I purchased my I-Pace over the weekend and when I drove it off the lot, I noticed that my car fully charged showed 201 millage. The dealer had said since this car is behind on couple of updates, it will be fixed once it's updated. I got it updated; however, it is still showing 201 milages. the explanation that I got from my dealer that it will change as I drive more which sounded more like sales talk. Has anyone noticed this issue after getting the latest update? I would think the car at full charge, should show 230ish (+8% more with the new update) and then depending on my driving habit, I may or may not get the same mileage.
You can also reset the guess o'meter. The meter is supposed to estimate the miles you can go on a charge based upon your driving habits, but there are some flaws in that weekend driving might be vastly different from the weekday driving. Look at the gauge like you would with an ICE.

To reset the GOM, press the start button without your foot on the accelerator. The electronics are on, but the drive motor part is not on. Now simultaneously press down the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal and hold both for about 10 seconds. Then start the car. This should the estimate to a very high number that will drop down as it learns your driving habits.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
The distance to empty gauge is designed to adapt to your driving style and environmental conditions. For my car it was surprisingly accurate provided conditions and driving style didn’t change. However, at some point a software update resulted in it ‘breaking’, with many users reporting readings of exactly 201 or 282 miles, no matter what. At this point I would absolutely ignore it and estimate your range based on current consumption and state of charge (SOC) and unless you are taking a road trip, it just doesn’t matter.

If you are worried about your battery health, you can diagnose that by using your SOC, calculated consumption and amount of energy put back in the car. An even easier way is to use the WATTcat app

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I picked up my new I-Pace yesterday afternoon. Car was only about 70% charged, so I put it on the charger last night (we have a BMW/Chargepoint like charger installed). I was nervous all night that it would say 91% charged in the morning, but I was so relieved when it said 100%. I thought the mileage would be higher, as they told me I have every current update offered in North America. I think the range said 234 or 236 this morning. The I-Pace they had on the showroom floor with a 100% charge showed almost 280.

Perhaps since it is/was cold in our garage it shows lower than a warm showroom?!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
The distance to empty gauge is designed to adapt to your driving style and environmental conditions. For my car it was surprisingly accurate provided conditions and driving style didn’t change. However, at some point a software update resulted in it ‘breaking’, with many users reporting readings of exactly 201 or 282 miles, no matter what. At this point I would absolutely ignore it and estimate your range based on current consumption and state of charge (SOC) and unless you are taking a road trip, it just doesn’t matter.

If you are worried about your battery health, you can diagnose that by using your SOC, calculated consumption and amount of energy put back in the car. An even easier way is to use the WATTcat app
I have my main instrument cluster set to the 2 "traditional" Jaguar dial layout. The right dials show "distance to empty". Can this be changed to show battery percentage instead of the guess-o-meter? Or to see battery percentage do I have to go thru one of the 3456 menus and sub menus?! ;) Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
I have my main instrument cluster set to the 2 "traditional" Jaguar dial layout. The right dials show "distance to empty". Can this be changed to show battery percentage instead of the guess-o-meter? Or to see battery percentage do I have to go thru one of the 3456 menus and sub menus?! ;) Thanks.
Unfortunately not but you have a gauge on the bottom of the right dial ... a curved indicator of the fraction of charge left. It quite precise, from the position of the bar you can estimate your %SoC within a couple of percentage points.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The curved gauge at the bottom of the dial is the "old" display. The latest has a horizontal bar across the middle of the right dial.

Either way it is like having a fuel tank gauge on an ICE. They never show a % just a pointer to an approximate fuel level in the tank.

The My EV display panel will show % SOC, but obviously one has to swipe the top touch screen to get to it.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Unfortunately not but you have a gauge on the bottom of the right dial ... a curved indicator of the fraction of charge left. It quite precise, from the position of the bar you can estimate your %SoC within a couple of percentage points.
I figured that (about the curved indicator). Thanks for confirming. LOVE the car (so far). Knock on wood....24 hours trouble free. LOL

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
The curved gauge at the bottom of the dial is the "old" display. The latest has a horizontal bar across the middle of the right dial.

Either way it is like having a fuel tank gauge on an ICE. They never show a % just a pointer to an approximate fuel level in the tank.

The My EV display panel will show % SOC, but obviously one has to swipe the top touch screen to get to it.
"Old display"? My car purchased yesterday has EVERY possible and available update for N. America. There is something more I do not have? :-O

·
Registered
385 Posts
"Old display"? My car purchased yesterday has EVERY possible and available update for N. America. There is something more I do not have? :-O
The rectangular peg, uh, guess meter bar display in the round hole, uh, dial was introduce at least as far back as infotainment update S19A_19.11.4-330884.

Touch the gears at the bottom of the upper touch panel.
Touch "all settings"
Touch "software updates"
Note what the software version is that is displayed and report it back here, please.
If you have the opportunity there to enable software updates at the top of the display, do so. This option will not show on the most recent update because updates are enabled by default.
If it is already turned on or the option does not display, touch "check for updates" and you may find an update is available.
There won't be an update available if you see '19C' in the software version.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
The rectangular peg, uh, guess meter bar display in the round hole, uh, dial was introduce at least as far back as infotainment update S19A_19.11.4-330884.

Touch the gears at the bottom of the upper touch panel.
Touch "all settings"
Touch "software updates"
Note what the software version is that is displayed and report it back here, please.
If you have the opportunity there to enable software updates at the top of the display, do so. This option will not show on the most recent update because updates are enabled by default.
If it is already turned on or the option does not display, touch "check for updates" and you may find an update is available.
There won't be an update available if you see '19C' in the software version.
My car says, as of 4:10pm PST.....19C_19.46.4-458817

When I Check for Software Updates, my car says...Software up to date.

·
Registered
537 Posts
We gotta love inconsistency of software updates.
Yeah, I don't get it? Some builds (even prior to H264) have this straight gauge for battery level, but people are saying it's only after the H264 update (to which I say I don't think so).

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
We gotta love inconsistency of software updates.
Ok so infotainment software does not govern the dial display ... go figure ... :headscratch:
That appears to be case, which is very odd. I ended up with the straight gauge in early June when they did a complete update of my car ‘over 33 modules updated’ per the Service Manager

1 - 20 of 25 Posts